Anybody put a match weight on their USP 45 Tactical yet?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By burtontester

Thread: Anybody put a match weight on their USP 45 Tactical yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Anybody put a match weight on their USP 45 Tactical yet?

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Matc...-447p18471.htm

I was thinking of going this route but still undecided...

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I got one for my vp9, I know you're asking about the ups45, but thought I'd answer anyway. It's cool looking, I like it. I used it in uspsa as a weight to help reduce muzzle flip. I suppose it does, but not to any really appreciable degree. I got the aluminum one, didn't realize there was a steel one when I ordered. I like em, but don't know if they do much more than look cool. But I guess they don't really need to do much more:)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Right on......Yeah, the cool factor was and is a deciding factor. Figured that along with a extended mag would really give you something unique.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I dont have one for the usp 45 but I do have one for the mark 23. It adds a good bit of weight to the front. I should be at the range this weekend to test it, however I do have laser trainers and the mark 23 is a bit easier to point shoot with the weight than without. We shall see how that translates to live fire.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody put a match weight on their USP 45 Tactical yet?-20180904_122332_1536078283917.jpg  

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

The match weight I use on my Mark 23 is a KAC suppressor
    Vincent04 and omega21 like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laker2004 View Post
    Right on......Yeah, the cool factor was and is a deciding factor. Figured that along with a extended mag would really give you something unique.
    For cool factor, the match weight and extended mags are hard to beat. You can also play Tomb Raider, which is really cool:) I say get it!

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Annanymouse View Post
    I dont have one for the usp 45 but I do have one for the mark 23. It adds a good bit of weight to the front. I should be at the range this weekend to test it, however I do have laser trainers and the mark 23 is a bit easier to point shoot with the weight than without. We shall see how that translates to live fire.
    Wowzers that's cool. What are the baseplates you are using and how many extra rounds do you get? I wonder if anyone is making a holster for the mark23 with the match weight yet? I think I would run mine more often in uspsa with a setup like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looks best on an Elite....fixes the odd barrel look...makes it as big as a DE

doesnt feel as odd as you'd think...with ammo i think it balances pretty good...until you run out of ammo

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Cool Match Clone

I put an aluminum third party weight on my USPT a while back.
    Interestingly with a Surefire X300 mounted it weights very close to the actual OEM weight
    IMHO, to do it right you need a 6" Match barrel.
    Much like an OEM Match weight, an OEM Match barrel is pricey.
    Fortunately Jarvis makes limited runs off and on at reasonable prices.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Annanymouse View Post
    Wowzers that's cool. What are the baseplates you are using and how many extra rounds do you get? I wonder if anyone is making a holster for the mark23 with the match weight yet? I think I would run mine more often in uspsa with a setup like that.
    Those are plus 5 extensions, one is mk 23 specific the others are for the USP from HKparts, I beveled the magwell to get them to fit. I have pics in the what LAM is this thread around page 14 if I correctly.

I have a local guy who makes holsters and is making me a holster for it for a good price. If anyone else wants his info PM me. He can use my gun for the mold.

Below is my current night stand setup, I dont have a KAC can yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody put a match weight on their USP 45 Tactical yet?-20180827_212259_1536108303666.jpg  

Sponsored Links