Anyone Have A Pic of a USP45 with USP Compact Ambi-Safety Installed, Among Other Info
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone Have A Pic of a USP45 with USP Compact Ambi-Safety Installed, Among Other Info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Anyone Have A Pic of a USP45 with USP Compact Ambi-Safety Installed, Among Other Info

Well, I figured I had better join this forum considering I now have 7 HK pistolas; 3 VP9s, 2 USP45s (v1, v2), P30v1, and P2Kv2 (not sure I want it).

Regarding the USP45s, I bought them for $420 each from GT Distributors as Hollywood, FL PD Trade-ins. I picked them out at the Dallas, TX location and am satisfied. One will be my field gun, and get some .45Super through it for hogs, the other is my pistol for when I need a taxi to drive me through a city all night, well, lets not discuss that....

Anyways, I have used the search feature here to garner more info, but pictures are worth a thousand words. I am going to put ambi-safeties on my USP45s, but am unsure what model to order. I am aware that the USP Compact ambi-safety will fit, but I cant find any pictures. So I am asking for pics here. If you do have a USP45 with a USP Compact ambi-safety, or have experience with such set up, tell me about it. Did you like or not like, why?

I intend to install the following springs; enhanced match sear spring, light TRS, light FPBS, 12# HS, and standard recoil spring. Anything else I should look at (Please, no LEM. I like LEM, but I dont love LEM)?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Model Gunship View Post
    Regarding the USP45s, I bought them for $420 each from GT Distributors as Hollywood, FL PD Trade-ins. I picked them out at the Dallas, TX location...
    What condition are the USPs in? Can you post pictures of yours? I'm not too far from Dallas and could make a drive if they are in decent shape.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I posted one of a HK45 with the compact ambi, might be able to find it...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nitmr26 View Post
    What condition are the USPs in? Can you post pictures of yours? I'm not too far from Dallas and could make a drive if they are in decent shape.
    Some are ugly, with scuffs on the frame. Some the texturing isnt as sharp. Mechanically they are fine. I'll try and get some pics up in a bit.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

While I can understand the desire to install the Match sear spring, why do you want to install the Light TRS, Light FPBS, #12 HS, and standard recoil spring? If you worry about the condition of a PD trade-in, that's fine, but if you just want to replace these springs just because you think they are better springs, think again. Light FPBS does not work with all USPs and you already have a TRS as light as the Light TRS and #12 HS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    While I can understand the desire to install the Match sear spring, why do you want to install the Light TRS, Light FPBS, #12 HS, and standard recoil spring? If you worry about the condition of a PD trade-in, that's fine, but if you just want to replace these springs just because you think they are better springs, think again. Light FPBS does not work with all USPs and you already have a TRS as light as the Light TRS and #12 HS.
    I am choosing to change the springs for a few reasons:

I dont know the round count on them

Springs are cheap

It gives me the opportunity to learn the workings of a new-to-me pistol

It is my understanding that these parts will offer a better overall trigger pull

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Here's my setup with a compact ambi safety. I actually prefer it.

Now if you wanna get really creative, just blow your gun up like I did. Hk will send you whatever ambi piece they have around.

Last edited by HecklerundSauer; 09-10-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

It is my understanding that these parts will offer a better overall trigger pull
    Boy, you are in for a big surprise.
    Kost likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I am choosing to change the springs for a few reasons:

I dont know the round count on them

Springs are cheap

It gives me the opportunity to learn the workings of a new-to-me pistol

TooSixy knows these spring/parts combos like the back of his hand. I would ask, what springs and parts will give the best and most reliable trigger in this pistol...
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links