Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By fatmat27
  • 1 Post By amokscience
  • 1 Post By dwillHK

Thread: VP9 trigger tab safety...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default VP9 trigger tab safety...

Shot a Sig P320 Compact this weekend. Nice. If only HK would offer the VP9SK with a normal trigger and a thumb safety THAT would be the ultimate! Everything about the VP series exceeds the Sig P320 but the trigger tab safety....

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Trigger tab safety keeps it from firing when you drop it! Lol
    TheJerkman likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're talking about the same p320 series that could AD if you dropped it because the trigger safety didn't work
    TheJerkman likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatmat27 View Post
    Trigger tab safety keeps it from firing when you drop it! Lol
    which makes a strong case for old school thumb safety... There's a movement going to appendix carry. Call me old fashioned. Appendix carry isn't for me without a thumb safety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amokscience View Post
    You're talking about the same p320 series that could AD if you dropped it because the trigger safety didn't work

yeah. Sig addressed that issue. They offer a voluntary upgrade for the first batch. AND now even offer a striker p320 with thumb safety..

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikebxb View Post
    yeah. Sig addressed that issue. They offer a voluntary upgrade for the first batch. AND now even offer a striker p320 with thumb safety..
    The only reason Sig is offering a thumb safety is because the US military requested it for their M17/M18 competition, which Sig won. Otherwise, Sig probably wouldn’t have made it. Almost no one else with a striker fired pistol feels the need to make it with a thumb safety, and I’m sure HK feels the same. They would probably only make one if it was required for a large government tender that HK bid on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    The only reason Sig is offering a thumb safety is because the US military requested it for their M17/M18 competition, which Sig won. Otherwise, Sig probably wouldn’t have made it. Almost no one else with a striker fired pistol feels the need to make it with a thumb safety, .
    Talked to the SIG people and they are already offering the Civilian P320 (M17) with TH Safety, Carry and Compacts with TH Safety and the hinted that the P320 SubCompact will likely have the TH Safety option in near future. Interestingly, Smith and Wesson / M & P offers TH Safeties, FN FNS has TH safeties, Honor Guard, Bersa. Seems as though Beretta and HK are the "hold outs" in not offering TH Safeties in their Strikers....

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikebxb View Post
    Talked to the SIG people and they are already offering the Civilian P320 (M17) with TH Safety, Carry and Compacts with TH Safety and the hinted that the P320 SubCompact will likely have the TH Safety option in near future. Interestingly, Smith and Wesson / M & P offers TH Safeties, FN FNS has TH safeties, Honor Guard, Bersa. Seems as though Beretta and HK are the "hold outs" in not offering TH Safeties in their Strikers....
    Walther, Steyr, and Glock don’t either. We can swap lists of who does and doesn’t offer a striker fired pistol with a thumb safety, but bottom line is that HK isn’t currently offering it and there is no indication that they will in the future. If a striker fired pistol with a thumb safety is desired, then maybe it’s time to look at manufacturers other than HK.
    lynx likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was responding to your statement "the ONLY reason Sig ......" and pointing out that some manufacturers are also. No need for argument. I personally don't care for trigger tab safeties. I really like HK products. Cheers [for the record, Walther P99 has a decock]
    Last edited by mikebxb; 09-14-2018 at 01:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have to admit, I like the trigger tab safety vs. thumb safety. I just ordered an appendix holster for my VP9 and am concerned on the potential 'whacker eliminator' potential it presents. Will probably carry without one in the snout for a while to make sure it is completely safe. I've had issues with activating the thumb safety on my 1911 with a change in grip I made recently, which is why I bought the VP9. Seems any mechanical safety has it's pros/cons and keeps us on our toes in terms of observing basic safety fundamentals at all times.

Sponsored Links