Low & Left: P-30SKs Back to HK - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Low & Left: P-30SKs Back to HK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm getting some very good advice and analysis. I suspect I need more time learning ths fire control system. Yes, I am spoiled by some very good trigger work on other pistols, and would never compare a Sig German Mastershop Target Trigger to a 30Sks CCW pistol. I'll see how it comes back from H&K, try sandbagging it with premium ammo and report back. Did I ever tell you about my Dave Pruitt 'Smithed Kimber Classic Target in .45 with all new match grade internals?

Yeah, I'm spoiled.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I handle the LEM trigger much as a double action revolver.
    A straight, efficient pull, rather than a long, drawn out ordeal.
    Somewhat quick, but never jerky.

I don't worry about the wall, or finding the exact point of fire.
    I just pull back smoothly, and the gun goes off.
    I shoot the P30 LEM much like the VP9, and every bit as well.

This style won't work for everyone, but it works for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't sweat it but you are the problem.
    German Cars and Guns
    Italian Motorcycles
    North-West Coast IPAs

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    What grumpy1 said above.

Before sending in your P30sk, play around with backstraps and side panels. Dry-fire the gun, and focus on the front sight. See if it moves low, left when the trigger breaks. What about the placement of your trigger finger? Pad or distal joint on the trigger face? Are you stiffening and straightening your trigger finger and pulling it straight back? Chances are it's you and not the gun.
    I second the opinion that you should consider the side panels as a potential cause. After initially having the medium side panels on my P30L, I changed to the large ones and they felt so much better in my hand. However over time I started to see a pattern of hitting left and a bit low. After a while I decided to figure it out and did some very careful dry fire practice - really paying attention to my front sight and sure enough it was moving to the left as I hit the break. Also after repeatedly doing it very slowly I could feel the tendons in my hand against the right side panel as I pulled the trigger. I swapped out to the small side straps and immediately the left pulling was gone. The small straps did not feel as good initially but allowed my palm to flex enough without affecting the point of aim.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Criz View Post
    Don't sweat it but you are the problem.
    My wife tells me the same thing all the time.
    rolandlisalaura likes this.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I have to run a slightly different set up with the panels in my sk than I do with my regular size. I run medium panels and small strap on my fullsize. But Small strap small left panel (against palm) and large panel right, due to the size of the gripframe altering how I hold the pistol. The panels Really DO help to correct some of the issues that grip and trigger pull can cause, so it's definitely sound advice.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Update with Good News/Bad News:

HK Turn around looks like little over 1 week...which is great service.
    BUT they report it's within their accuracy/trigger specs.
    Don't know if they re-adjusted the sights...will see when it gets back.
    Hoped they could do something with the trigger weight and length of pull, but they offer nothing other than "stock" how it ships.
    As a CCW it won't be getting much routine use I HOPE, but it would nice to enjoy some range time with it too.
    Too bad short of a 2 month, $300 trigger job there;'s apparently not many other options.
    Manybe I'll see about trading it for an LEM version and seeing how that trigger system works out in my hands.
    Or keep the Apex/ Shield as my primary CCW and keep the 30 Sks as a back-up....but it's too nice of a product not to enjor occasionally.
    Need more range time with it, and hope they at least adjusted the sights to center better....if it needed it.
    FWIW...Columbus Ga...HK's home...is in the path of Hurricane Michael. Hope they dont get hit too badly.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drshame View Post
    Update with Good News/Bad News:

HK Turn around looks like little over 1 week...which is great service.
    BUT they report it's within their accuracy/trigger specs.
    Don't know if they re-adjusted the sights...will see when it gets back.
    Hoped they could do something with the trigger weight and length of pull, but they offer nothing other than "stock" how it ships.
    As a CCW it won't be getting much routine use I HOPE, but it would nice to enjoy some range time with it too.
    Too bad short of a 2 month, $300 trigger job there;'s apparently not many other options.
    Manybe I'll see about trading it for an LEM version and seeing how that trigger system works out in my hands.
    Or keep the Apex/ Shield as my primary CCW and keep the 30 Sks as a back-up....but it's too nice of a product not to enjor occasionally.
    Need more range time with it, and hope they at least adjusted the sights to center better....if it needed it.
    FWIW...Columbus Ga...HK's home...is in the path of Hurricane Michael. Hope they dont get hit too badly.
    I have 4 p30's including the sk, which is LEM. For a carry gun I think the LEM is awesome. I have found that the p30's are probably the guns I shoot the most accurately. But you gotta put in the trigger time. I have actually learned to really like the p30 trigger, even with it's heavy da and long reset. But if it's not for you then move on. Glad Hk service was great:)
    dpadams6, drshame, grumpy1 and 1 others like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Test Target back from H&K after it was test fired off a rest at 15 yards.
    I'll take it!
    Blazer 115 looks nice.
    Wonder if my issues were a combination of my poor technique, and maybe it doesn't like 115 S&B or the 124 grn I 've been using?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drshame View Post

Test Target back from H&K after it was test fired off a rest at 15 yards.
    I'll take it!
    Blazer 115 looks nice.
    Wonder if my issues were a combination of my poor technique, and maybe it doesn't like 115 S&B or the 124 grn I 've been using?
    As in meters, about 16.5 yards :-)

I've shot thousands of rounds of Blazer Brass and S&B without issue. I highly doubt it was the S&B ammo, I've found it more accurate than Blazer Brass, though both are great range ammo, super cheap and reliable.
    drshame likes this.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links