New VP9: The VP9-B - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: New VP9: The VP9-B

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

B and Paddle trigger guard bottom

If you have had some HK trigger bite before with a VP9, you won't with the "B" variant .......I never had the trigger bite but know some folks who experienced it based on their finger size or placement on the trigger (rub on paddle release)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    Paddles rule, buttons are for newbs!
    Haha, true! While I was raised with a 1911 in my hand, early on I installed ambi mag release buttons on my Colts and Springers because I found that I reloaded much more quickly and accurately by using my trigger finger or middle finger for mag release. I Purchased my first USP not long after the US release and never looked back. For me, ergonomically, the Paddle release is absolutely perfect. My first VP9 fit my hand so perfectly and was so accurate out of the box that I went out out and bought an identical “back up”, just because, hahaha. I see you’ve got 4 VP9’s in your profile; I get it haha!
    DarkeWolf likes this.
    HK45 tac
    USP45 tac
    USP9 tac
    USP9c
    USP40c
    USP45c
    VP9le x 2
    VP9 Long Slide
    P30LS 9 v3
    P30L .40 v3

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you for the information on holsters and the trigger guard picture.I have 2 BladeTech holsters,a Total Eclipse and a Nano.I have not had any trigger bite or any problems with my VP9.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bystok View Post
    B in my competition holster by Armordillo Concealment

Didn’t know the “B” was out already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Depends on a shooter, paddle, and intended use.

I went several years with a P30 for everything and the paddle gave me a raging case of a "Glock knuckle". It was a function of how high I placed my strong hand on that frame. I still like the gun but I am not missing a recurrent skin breakdown on my middle finger. On a Glock you can round/bevel that area, no so much on a paddle.

Some people, despite owning multiple HKs for decades with tens of thousands rounds through, don't have a dexterity to operate it with a trigger finger. And if you have to operate a paddle with your thumb, then what's the point?

Operating the paddle with a trigger finger with a loaded gun on timer in a close proximity to a trigger (in battery speed reloads in competition) has been a subject of an intense debate. A lot of members here shoot competition, HK team uses those guns too, I did it myself for a few years. Nobody died. Yet people, correction, HK sponsored master class people, ND'd while executing a reload, for that specific reason, a proximity of a paddle to a trigger on a hot gun. So it is not just a theoretic concern.

Buttons you can often set (through aftermarket options) to be reached without shifting a gun. Not always the case with paddles. For a USP/P2000 type of paddle, whether you can reach the paddle without shifting a gun or not, you have to break the grip because paddle rests on your middle finger and thus cannot be depressed down without moving that finger away. If you don't care how fast you want to reload your USP, no concern. If speed reload is important, not a great setup.
    Incidentally, that paddle design also prevents a high trigger guard undercut and placement of strong hand as high as possible on a gun. It actually moves the hand in less desirable direction, even if by a few mm. Even other paddles designs affect how high you can land on a front strap. Maybe something that most people don't care about; I personally don't own a gun that doesn't have it, from a factory or as an aftermarket modification.
    Are you saying the the sponsored shooters, more than one, had multiple ND's in matches? I personally find the paddle release to be safer because I use my trigger finger. I never even gave it a second thought. Although, as a lefty, I use my trigger finger for all guns even buttons, I never switch the release. I would think you'd have to make a pretty big mistake unless you used your middle finger and somehow kept the trigger finger in the trigger guard. Interesting.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post
    Are you saying the the sponsored shooters, more than one, had multiple ND's in matches? I personally find the paddle release to be safer because I use my trigger finger. I never even gave it a second thought. Although, as a lefty, I use my trigger finger for all guns even buttons, I never switch the release. I would think you'd have to make a pretty big mistake unless you used your middle finger and somehow kept the trigger finger in the trigger guard. Interesting.
    I’ve heard this story repeated as well but they stated it was one ND by one person.

Seems to me to ND trying to drop the mag, first they were changing mags with a slide in battery which means they were moving between shots. Perhaps bad footwork was the culprit?

To squeeze the trigger, it has belt only a long travel but it has to go back.

To drop a mag you are behind the trigger approximately 1 1/2” and pushing down.

It’s fairly intuitive, but I guess some people make mistakes. Hell, could happen to me but I believe anybody with any time on the gun could tell the difference.

JonFrost likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

@WarDamnHK , are the mags between the paddle model and B model interchangeable?
    HK VP9 Tactical
    CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
    CZ 75 Compact (steel/railed, SKU: 99021)
    CZ 75 Pre-B (1995)
    CZ P-07
    Sig Sauer P226 ASE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echup View Post
    @WarDamnHK , are the mags between the paddle model and B model interchangeable?
    Couldn’t tell ya, I have a paddle release.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Reportedly the same.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It looks at though Bud's is carrying these already. Tho the price is pretty "meh". 580 cash or 595 CC.
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...on+Mag+Release

Like I said before, I'll stick with the paddles. But I'm open minded, and always wanna help out our fellow gunners.
    echup likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links