love the magazine release on the usb 45T and my P30S however.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: love the magazine release on the usb 45T and my P30S however.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default love the magazine release on the usb 45T and my P30S however.....

I have a great pair of 5.11 comfort fit jeans..the have a slightly relaxed fit keeps you comfortable and in control of your movements, without a lot of extra fabric that will have you getting caught something.

Sewn into the waist band it has internal front pockets let you hold a appendix carry backup and the other inside pocket hold two seperate magazines, while a internal back pocket is just the right size to hold standard handcuffs.

Heres my issue.

If I use the pants as they are intended the pocket will release the magazine when its put into the ether appendix pocket or the rear handcuff pocket where either or pistol fits

what can i do to keep the pocket from releasing the magazine as I move around. I wear the P30s all the time and i move around a lot. the USP45T I carry when I can ...both do the same thing. should i just not use the pockets as what they are for..I have IWB and i really can't wear it where i want as i want...

I usually put the pistol in then I press the mag in to make sure but it will release sometime during the day
    Champagne taste on a beer budget......
    HkUsp45T HkUsp40c. Hk p30s 9mm Sig sauer scorpion tac ops 45 (sold for p30s) "Original" high carbon steel imi baby eagle 45. Colt original 1911 wwI 45 operational. Marlin papoose p70ss Sig mosquito Ruger takedown 22. Remington 870 police magnum with rifled sights
    P7m8 on the list

"Why do I own guns?... Cause I can."

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Repeat after me.

Pockets are not holsters.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    WolfieRules, rochkes, mew and 1 others like this.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by _JD_ View Post
    Repeat after me.

Pockets are not holsters.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Totally Agree !!!!!
    Weapon Shield for total gun care.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Holsters protect your gun...and protect you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I appreciate the input. Yes, bolstering the pistol is the first and foremost option.. however in what I’m use to doing and where the iwb is not an option. Yes the jeans were designed in a way for the conceal carry. However I’m think the jeans just make it as if I were Mexican carry but only a tad bit more secure although albeit not much as xcpet ive never lost a pistol wearing the pants

Yes it is time to hit the books and find either a better iwb appendix carry or train better on a iwb hip placement

Thanks again for the input

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

quality holster.

I like Milt Sparks VMII and Kaluban Cloak's pancake model. I wear or the other IWB daily.
    Last edited by LCSO264; 10-15-2018 at 09:59 PM.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Have you practiced drawing your Tac as you may need to irl? How'd that work out? You really should have at least a pocket holster, though I haven't seen any that big. Have you thought about a belly band to hold your gear?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
    DarkeWolf and WolfieRules like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1) Save money on getting some regular, loose fitting jeans, instead of those expensive concealment pants so you can spend more money on ammo. Or another HK. Or...another HK and more ammo.
    As stated, even tho both of these are hammer guns, which is safer than trying to pocket carry a striker fire, pockets are not holsters, and should not be considered for EDC on the body.
    2) Unless you are talking deep concealment (and I have NO idea how you could comfortably DC appendix carry a 45t!!) try a sticky holster. You can literally position those things ANY way that you want to. And as long as there is "some" pressure to help it stay in place, they stay in place. They're also fairly inexpensive (around 25 bucks...again, see 1) above ) so even if you don't like it, you're not out a lot of cash. Oh, and here's the kicker....they even work inside a pocket, if there's pressure ;) www.stickyholsters.com
    About the only thing that they lack, is draw retention. But then... we're comparing them to a pocket....
    3) Every time you put one of those pistols in, carry in, or draw from, that pocket, you're taking the chance that your Nuts are gonna end up as "loosechange". HAHA I am sooo sorry, I just could NOT resist!
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

the pockets are not designed to be a holster but a place to put a ar mag or other magazines not as a holster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey thanks for the great replies
    1. The pants I got at goodwill 4.99 so I might as well

2. The pant are/were promoted as front inner pocket for carry the other die front pocket for two mags and rear pocket for handcuff

3. I do not wear the tactical in the front that’s the p30s I wear up front the back will hold the 45T comfortable however I won’t anymore I will be using a pancake iwb or something

4. I didn’t plan on using the pants as carry but I did for awhile and if these pants are advertised by 5.11 to be a carry pocket in front we’ll i would hope it would put hit the paddle mag release .

My 1911 resides there now (pat. 1913 and none others after it. Was told it was a reissue from WWl. it was my grandfathers from WWll. However it’s usable and been redone about 30 years in Houston

My friend is contemplating selling me his excellent condition p7 psp however I want his p7 m13 with original mint nill grips 😄

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links