LGS melted my VP9SK frame - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: LGS melted my VP9SK frame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just not what I wanted to hear as I'm ordering a Lazy Wolf Trigger this morning and was hoping to have a LGS do the install to keep from having to deal with shipping it to Lazy Wolf.. Granted I asked my LGS about working on H&K's and they referred me to someone else. I haven't talked to him yet...
    Last edited by n2mini; 10-26-2018 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster62 View Post
    They made an Error, it will only cost them $500 to make it right with a new gun. Then send it to get your trigger installed correctly.
    By James or Rick.
    For the LGS that's the cost of doing business.
    ^^^^^This ^^^^^^

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n2mini View Post
    Just not what I wanted to hear as I'm ordering a Lazy Wolf Trigger this morning and was hoping to have a LGS do the install to keep from having to deal with shipping it to Lazy Wolf.. Granted I asked my LGS about working on H&K's and they referred me to someone else. I haven't talked to him yet...
    You can do it yourself, watch the video all the way thru, beware of elbow spring in assembly, or you’ll get to order one (it will fly, & it is small). Hardest part by far is that pin, you have to push it out from inside. Longer, thin shaft flat head works best for me. Maybe another member knows a trick. If you don’t want to try it, send to LWG, Rick does fantastic work!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't let them screw it up worse than getting a new gun! Likely to continue having problems!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Accept nothing short of a new pistol.

Anything but, and take them to small claims court.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I don't recommend completely disassembling the VP9 unless you know exactly what you are doing. I attended the factory authorized HK VP9 armorer's course several years ago. And, I have to say, it wasn't an easy one. There are a lot of parts that require special attention to detail during the disassembly and assembly process. The operator's/maintenance (armorer's) manuals are 140 pages long and extremely comprehensive. As a side note, on page 8 section 2.4 of the armorer's manual, it states the following: Exclusion of liability and warranty. Heckler & Koch GmbH accepts no liability and provides no warranty for incidents arising from: "Modifications, attachments to or conversion of the weapon (VP9) without the express written consent of Heckler & Koch GmbH or use of accessories or spare parts from other manufacturers without the express written consent of Heckler & Koch GmbH." So with that being said, proceed with caution!
    Last edited by Flagman; 10-26-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is not going to be a warranty repair- it’s obviously their screw up. The shop said they are still waiting to hear back from the Rep. I’m not sure what they think HK will do for them?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akaSigFreak View Post
    This is not going to be a warranty repair- it’s obviously their screw up. The shop said they are still waiting to hear back from the Rep. I’m not sure what they think HK will do for them?
    The shop is looking for the cheapest way out. A replacement frame would be less than a new gun. I don't think I would let BUbba touch my gun again. Demand a new in box replacement.
    TheJerkman likes this.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Lot of people can afford to pay the HK price tag but cant afford to get the work done properly - For the upteenth time, not only is your LGS - *NOT* an HK armorer, you will be assuming their screw ups! The LGS I highly doubt will just buy you a new $500 gun - Wasn't there a post a few weeks back about a KG Mark 23 who some guy brought in for night sights and they pounded his HE finish to bubba the sights in?

My VP9 has a fantastic trigger out of the box, but if I was to modify it, I would definitely send it to James, et al -

Doing the aluminum rear slide plate and striker sleeve is the extent of my armorer abilities on the VP9 - its not a Glock.
    WolfieRules and Renegade like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

If I recall correctly, HK doesn't sell stand-alone pistol frames. It would have to be sent back to HK. The HK armorer would make the determination if it needed to be replaced or not. If indeed the frame was damaged, I would have your LGS replace the weapon with a new one. As for the installation of the aftermarket trigger, I would recommend you use a competent GS that is well versed in the operation and maintenance of the VP9. I would highly recommend James Williamson at Teufelshund Tactical. However, I'm not sure if he does aftermarket part installs. Give him a call.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links