USP ELITE, SLOP in the slide

Thread: USP ELITE, SLOP in the slide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default USP ELITE, SLOP in the slide

Just tried out my NEW USP ELITE, 9mm and noticing some slack in the slide if I try to move it back and forth. IT MOVES EASILY! I don't think that is right. What is your opinion guys. The way the recoil spring sits and "hooks" below the barrel is odd to me but it appears to be OK according to the manual,which I DID READ before taking it apart to clean before firing.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The barrel to slide is hand fit for the USP Elite/Expert models and in my opinion far more important than slide to frame fit.

Have you shot your pistol yet? How does it shoot?
    HK - No Compromise

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

When you say moves "Easily" back and forth, do you mean with light hand pressure? How far does it easily move back?
    And, if you could show a pic of the recoil spring and barrel it would probably help.
    Field strip the pistol and visually inspect the parts and springs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The barrel fits snug in the slide. The recoil spring SITS weirdly below the barrel and has a hook pattern that does not "seat" firmly to the barrel anywhere but it appears to look like the picture in the manual. There is 1/8th inch approximate slack forward and backward movement. No other slide on ANY other gun I own moves AT ALL and I have a HK VP9 and a HK P7M13 among my collection.
    I have shot about 150 rounds thru it so far and it seems to have some recoil for such along barrel , maybe because of Polymer frame's lighter weight. It also appears to have a "mar" on the very top front edge of barrel.
    Thanks for looking!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I just checked my 9mm Elite I purchased about 20 years ago and there is almost 0 play forward/rearward on slide Has 400 rds downrange since I purchased new. Where were you lucky enough to find a new 9mm USP Elite
    What's the date code

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I fired my friend's USP9 Elite yesterday. AE date code with 3000 rounds. There is no back and forth movement of the slide when in battery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just purchased the Elite from Milos of Armory Craft. Great guy to deal with who mostly has SIGs and parts. Not sure what a date code is but it is marked DE on frame. The slack is in the rearward movement of the action. Hope to shoot it more this week and get it looked at by a gunsmith at our club.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhunter View Post
    I just purchased the Elite from Milos of Armory Craft. Great guy to deal with who mostly has SIGs and parts. Not sure what a date code is but it is marked DE on frame. The slack is in the rearward movement of the action. Hope to shoot it more this week and get it looked at by a gunsmith at our club.
    Very nice indeed. I just sold my 9mm Elite which I never shot. Earlier this month I took delivery of a Sig X6 PPC from Milos. Small world. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

propel,
    I bought a Sig X6 Skeleton from a private owner a few months ago. A VERY SWEET SHOOTER WITH A FANTASTIC TRIGGER. The HK ELITE trigger seems to have a lot of travel before "hitting the wall".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Found a thread showing HK date code info. My new Elite was built in 2018.

Sponsored Links