Quick Question On The USP 9 LEM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Quick Question On The USP 9 LEM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Quick Question On The USP 9 LEM

Hello All,
    Mainegrw here, I'm a new member here at HK Pro, however if you're like me and visit/contribute to other forums, there's a good chance you've seen my username before.

Anyway, I had a question regarding the USP 9 LEM I picked up this morning. I haven't shot it yet, but I am in love with the feel and concept of the LEM trigger, so I can't wait. The gun is brand new, or rather was manufactured in 2014, and has been sitting at the LGS for four years waiting for some love. It came to me with two ten-round mags (because state laws where I live), and in a gray plastic case. The gray plastic case is what is throwing me. If I understand correctly, the gray cases were from the mid 90s, and the gun should have come in a black plastic case like the P30 I had a while back did. Am I correct in that understanding, or did H&K continue to ship the USPs in the gray cases later than that?

Honestly, its no big deal either way, I'm just curious. Thanks for any input you all have, and letting me be part of this forum.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm thinking that the original box would have the serial number affixed to it. My P7 has it stamped in the case, my VP9 and my USP9C have stickers on the boxes.
    Mainegrw likes this.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

I have a spare black case, but it's for a HK 45, and has the cut out foam. I also have the regular black case with the 'normal' foam, if that is what you are talking about.

Wanna trade? I have been slowly swapping out the black HK clam shell cases for the earlier gray case like the one you have.

Is the serial number on the OUTSIDE of the case? If sio, that makes it a factory case for that pistol.
    Last edited by wallew; 10-27-2018 at 06:46 PM.
    Mainegrw likes this.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had thought the same thing, this one has no stickers or numbers on it however

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)

That's rather odd. But stuff happens.
    Mainegrw likes this.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

LGS accidentally gives the case to your firearm to someone else. Generally a new employee or someone who does not know HK firearms.

OR just grabbed what ever case was handy when you bought yours. YOU COULD go back to that LGS and ask if the case with your serial numbers is available?

I used to visit other sites. But these day, why? I've sold all my non Hk firearms (exception is my S&W model 19's) and I don't go to any other forums. If all you own is HK, no real reason to.
    Last edited by wallew; 10-27-2018 at 06:50 PM.
    Mainegrw likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    LGS accidentally gives the case to your firearm to someone else. Generally a new employee or someone who does not know HK firearms.

OR just grabbed what ever case was handy when you bought yours. YOU COULD go back to that LGS and ask if the case with your serial numbers is available?

I used to visit other sites. But these day, why? I've sold all my non Hk firearms (exception is my S&W model 19's) and I don't go to any other forums. If all you own is HK, no real reason to.
    Really it's a bit unsurprising with this particular shop. I typically buy used guns from them, and they almost never have or can find the box that goes with it. I expected that being a brand new firearm, they would do better with keeping track of accessories.

Again, it doesn't bother me one bit, I'm just curious. I actually kinda like this style of case. It reminds me of the gray cases Sig used to ship some of their pistols in the early 90s, and the ones that Beretta had for the 92 before they switched to the padded case with the little "shot glass" insert. I find this style of case to be way more robust than the current ones.

On the topic of HK pistol cases, I seem to recall something surprising about the black case my P30 came with: When it came to me, the LGS had placed a large sticker on the case top, which I promptly removed. The sticker, much to my surprise, came off with a layer of black paint, revealing a layer of white plastic underneath. Anybody know how much of that case is white plastic, and why they would manufacture them that way?

wallew likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Nice purchase and welcome to the site. Provide some feedback once you get to shoot your new pistol.
    Mainegrw likes this.
    HK - No Compromise

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition!!!
    I believe that the gray plastic cases ("> collectability") were discontinued @ 2004.

Tony
    Mainegrw likes this.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mainegrw,

I concur that the case you have is more robust than the newer ones. Plus it cost HK more to make them back in the 90's into the earl 00's. They eventually switched over to the current case.

I have two of the gray cases like yours. I'm always on the lookout for spare's though.

I would be surprised that they painted white cases black. They could have easily added black tint to the plastic pellets before they molded them or just got black pellets, so that really does not make any sense at all. They would have to have painted both the insides and the outsides before using them. That extra step is just extra $$$...

my best,
    jim w
    Last edited by wallew; 10-29-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links