LEM Cocking Ptece Spring

Thread: LEM Cocking Ptece Spring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default LEM Cocking Ptece Spring

Thanks to help from Reference Library, I installed Hybrid LEM on my HK45c. This gun is in my carry rotation and I have a minor concern: as a carry gun, the gun will be cocked 24 hrs a day for as long as two weeks at a time. Will the Cocking Piece spring be put under excessive strain? It is a very small spring and doesn't look like it would last long being cocked all the time. Absolutely love the LEM, BTW.

USMC
    Semper Fi

mag
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would not worry about it.

Also I am pretty sure if the spring did break, it would not interfere with the function of the gun. The hammer would just flop around a bit.

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Doesn't the cocking piece spring legs sit between the hammer and the sear, and is mostly de-compressed when the trigger is allowed to go all the way forward?
    (Short of completely dropping the hammer)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's a small spring, but it is sized for the job -- the spring sees very little load, as it only biases the hammer away from the sear. Given the size of the wire, the number of turns in the coil and the relatively small angular displacement, I would expect the fatigue life of the elbow spring to be longer than most of the other parts in the pistol.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bp1 View Post
    Doesn't the cocking piece spring legs sit between the hammer and the sear, and is mostly de-compressed when the trigger is allowed to go all the way forward?
    (Short of completely dropping the hammer)
    That is when the spring is under the greatest (tiny) load -- the ends are brought together as the hammer nears the sear.

Sponsored Links