VP9 vs VP9SK for EDC? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: VP9 vs VP9SK for EDC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas.p.hoover View Post
    Any other good holster recommendations?
    I'm a big fan of Vedder holsters, especially with the claw attachment. Cook's holsters also makes some quality stuff.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Printing all depends on your holster, what position ya carry at, your body shape, and to the least degree, the shape of the gun.
    Now however unless you carry in an area where there's laws regarding printing or social predjuce/paranoia about seeing people carrying guns, printing is more a personal paranoia than anything else these days.
    The whole "they can see the outline and everybody is staring at my gun" feeling goes away, as you get more comfortable with carrying to the point that it's sorta routine.
    I've owned and carried both. Bought my Vp9 before the little brother hit the market. Bought the sk about 6 months after it came out.
    The sk is definitely easier and more comfortable to carry, tho the size on the VP9 isn't all that bad.
    I thought I loved the VP9 when I got it, but I hardly ever touched it after getting the sk.
    Literally the only thing sacrificed witthe sk is the 3 finger grip. Which means shifting grip for loading/ejecting mags. Everything else is just as good as the big brother.
    WolfieRules likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skandar View Post

Anyone have any ideas for tucked shirt, no jacket?
    Ankle gun. Smallish revolver or a slim single stack

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As a slim tall guy the (6'6-170) the vp9sk was noticeably printing in a High Noon holsters OWB holster. I switched to the StealthGear Ventcore IWB and it's made a huge difference in conceal-ability, most comfortable holster I've owned. If you're having trouble with the mag changes due to large hands I would go with the VP9.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I routinely carry in both IWB and OWB holsters both my VP40 and P30L (albeit not at the same time...).

My usual holster preferences are for kydex holsters and magazine pouches made by Olen Holsters.

For the tucked-in shirt/no jacket/vest/concealment garment scenario, I'd have to defer to ankle holster carry, with a smaller pistol than a VP9/40/P30-perhaps one of their subcompact variants. However, with the right slacks, I can carry a Glock G19 in an ankle holster.

Best, Jon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I carry a VP9sk in a sidecar by T-rex arms, its very comfortable and doesn't really print unless my shirt is snug, I also carry OWB my VP9 but only in winter. I could probably carry the VP9 in the sidecar but I haven't felt the need to. I also carry a P2000 in an appendix holster and its fine too. So you could do either just practice your draws to be fast and efficient....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With the 13 round magazine, the problem should go away. I also have big hands, and with a bit of magazine changing practice, it’s now 2nd nature for me with the 10 round (with pinky support) and no longer an issue. That being said, I still do carry my Vp9 in my shoulder rig sometimes, but only my vp9sk on my waist.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeWolf View Post
    The whole "they can see the outline and everybody is staring at my gun" feeling goes away, as you get more comfortable with carrying to the point that it's sorta routine.
    As a school administrator and school security officer, I dealt with this problem. Part of the issue was getting my mind around carrying the VP9sk on a public school campus. However, the longer I carried, the less self-conscious I became - until it became routine. It just took a little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdem View Post
    I carry a VP9sk in a sidecar by T-rex arms, its very comfortable and doesn't really print unless my shirt is snug...
    And this was the rig I carried on the job.
    Mark
    HK VP9SK
    HK VP9
    Taurus Judge
    Charter Arms .38 Off Duty Special
    Beretta Model 1935

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disregarded9-side View Post
    I have both, and both conceal pretty dang well for me in high quality kydex AIWB rigs. The full-size is a bit tougher to sit in, where the SK is nominally shorter in barrel length and sight radius. With the factory 13 and 15 round mags for the SK out now, there's really nothing to get me carrying the full-size.
    Now that I've put a good number of rounds downrate with both, I can affirm that I find the recoil to be less with the SK and its dual recoil spring. YMMV.
    Yes, the 13-round factory mags are perfect. You can get a full grip, and height is 5” which is same as Glock 19. That’s .4” less than full size VP9 and makes all the difference in concealing IWB in a tucked in shirt.
    Disregarded9-side likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The SK is built for conceal-ability. If that is what you need the most, that’s what you should go with.
    I wouldn’t get so hung up (no pun intended) on the mags being a bit more difficult to clear with your large hands. Are you planning on a shootout? Ruling out a malfunction, which is very unlikely with any HK pistol, you’ll not be needing to change magazines in a self defense scenario.
    Carry a spare, and practice.

I know the two and three extra, extended magazine crowd is going to disagree with me...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links