Compliant P30sk - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Compliant P30sk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mneblett View Post
    My wife and I have V3 (DA/SA) P30SKS's, converted to LEM, and we *prefer* the retained safeties.

For us, the perfect combination -- LEM trigger pull (no heavy DA) and a hammer I can thumb when reholstering to prevent NDs from trigger fouling (unlike a striker), but still with a manual safety that can be put on when the gun is not being carried (i.e., during administrative handling) and a decocker for belt-and-suspenders. We carry with the safeties off -- somewhat striker-like, but with the extra margin of the long, light trigger take up. We just did a two-person tactics course this weekend, and my LEM SKS was perfect (due to a holster issue, my wife had to put her SKS away and use a borrowed G19). The SKS was just as quick/easy to accurately shoot as the strikers in the class.

As to removing the safety lever, while I wouldn't want to remove the safety levers, even if I could I wouldn't -- unlike the USPs, the P30s have a hole in the left side of the frame for the detent and spring that hold the safety lever in the on and off positions. Not the end of the world, but looks a bit bubba'd without the levers.
    Awesome information! To clarify, when you do the LEM upgrade, the hammer isn't changed out for the spurless?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hkp30sk View Post
    Awesome information! To clarify, when you do the LEM upgrade, the hammer isn't changed out for the spurless?
    The LEM hammer is the "no snag" hammer, with a hollow section in the base to accept the LEM cocking piece. LEM won't work with the V3 hammer.

Additional data point: To keep the decocker, just keep the V3 sear instead of using the LEM sear.
    Last edited by mneblett; 11-06-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    Hkp30sk likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links