Just retired my P7M8 CCW
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Just retired my P7M8 CCW

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Just retired my P7M8 CCW

I've been carrying a P7M8 for about 8 years and due to the value going up I decided about 2 years ago I needed to retire it. Well today is the day I purchased the replacement.

Really am torn on it however it's probably the best thing to do.

Just retired my P7M8 CCW-cz75.jpg
    Last edited by slowrey; 11-09-2018 at 03:40 AM.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I'm in the process of selling my P7's.

Their value has gone up so high, I'm nervous about carrying that expensive of a firearm.

I don't even want to think about if I had to actually use it to defend with a righteous shoot, I could still lose the pistol.

A no win situation these days.

I replaced mine with USP compact 40. Can't go wrong with a USP. Especially a compact.

What did you replace yours with?
    slowrey likes this.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    Yeah, that's one of the reasons I'm in the process of selling my P7's.

Their value has gone up so high, I'm nervous about carrying that expensive of a firearm.

I don't even want to think about if I had to actually use it to defend with a righteous shoot, I could still lose the pistol.

A no win situation these days.

I replaced mine with USP compact 40. Can't go wrong with a USP. Especially a compact.

What did you replace yours with?
    Well I have two of them in the safe now however I replaced it with a CZ 75 P-01 Omega. I will continue to shoot the P7 and will never sell them. They are saved for my daughter who is 6 yrs old.

I saw your ad and cannot believe you are selling those beauties. Love the hard chrome one.
    Last edited by slowrey; 11-05-2018 at 02:05 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"I don't even want to think about if I had to actually use it to defend with a righteous shoot, I could still lose the pistol.
    A no win situation these days."

You got that right, wallew.
    If you even show a firearm and stop something without firing a shot, it's not unlikely that the gun will be seized and tossed in a police property room.
    I usually carry a firearm that has no sentimental value and isn't exceptionally costly, especially when I am out of state.
    It's a dirty shame that keeps many of the safest, best built, most reliable and accurate firearms left behind, locked in the safe, while the owner walks the streets with something less.
    Lamont and RalanN like this.
    My opinion's as worthy as one from any other doddering old grampa you have never met or heard of.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah, I've had them a while now.

Just going a different direction. Going to add a couple of the MR series rifles. Then, you know, scope, mags, bipod, and lots of other bits and bobs.

Never cheap, changing direction. And that hard nickel M8 is actually an aftermarket coating. That particular M8 has a bit of a odd past. Not bad, just odd.

Every story about a pistol will almost always help it's value, sometimes not.

I recently sold my two M10's. Still have two M8's and two M13's plus a P7 that again has an odd story (see a pattern here?).

Anyway, there are all sorts of HK's that are of similar cost to a nice P7. Mark 23 comes to mind. Hell, I would LOVE a REAL PSG1. But that price tag is way out of my price range.

Still one can dream, right?

We lived in Austin, from 1988 -1991 when I worked for Bookstop (now Barnes & Noble) and the wife worked for Bank of the Hills. Then back to Denver, where we always returned to.
    Last edited by wallew; 11-05-2018 at 02:30 AM.
    slowrey likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobblestone View Post
    I usually carry a firearm that has no sentimental value and isn't exceptionally costly
    Hence the reason (in addition to having been issued one working OCONUS for 4 years) I carry a Glock. Thinking about a P9S believe it or not. Today I shot my G17 along side a CZ75 Short Rail, a Walther P88 Compact, and a P9S Sport 9mm. I shot better with the Glock than I remembered, but that could be due the longer sight radius of the G17 over the G19. The CZ 75 was pretty good too, but the P9S (Sport/Adjustable sights) was a stand out.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobblestone View Post
    "I don't even want to think about if I had to actually use it to defend with a righteous shoot, I could still lose the pistol.
    A no win situation these days."

You got that right, wallew.
    If you even show a firearm and stop something without firing a shot, it's not unlikely that the gun will be seized and tossed in a police property room.
    I usually carry a firearm that has no sentimental value and isn't exceptionally costly, especially when I am out of state.
    It's a dirty shame that keeps many of the safest, best built, most reliable and accurate firearms left behind, locked in the safe, while the owner walks the streets with something less.
    this is actually so true. out of the many pistols i own, for CCW i carry a Glock 32 in .357 Sig and out of state either an M&P Shield 9mm or a Glock 19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I stopped carying my P7PSP for the exact same reason - and it’s not a P7M8. It’s unfortunate but true. It’s like a classic Browning Auto-5. You’ll still take it out but it’s not your primary shotgun anymore.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Same here,
    Chantilly P7M8 was my first carry gun.
    Just can't justify carrying now given the value. Still shoot it though.

Replaced with Glock 19 about 7 years ago.
    Sig P365 is slowing replacing the G19 for me now.
    JMag1 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

If my best performance will be with a $2000+ gun I feel like I shouldn't worry about the cost. My life vs my $$$$. I can think of two people I know personally (LTC permitted civilians) who were involved in self defense situations who each received their firearms back in the same condition in a matter of days of the incident. Small sample size, but encouraging.

That being said I still struggle with carrying a high dollar firearm. I have had a pistol stolen from my vehicle in a lot that I felt was secure, which soured my stance a little. Its a mixed bag, but for the moment I carry an M8 when I can, and I keep spares just in case (see avatar). "Two is one and one is none."
    Last edited by surely_you_jest; 11-06-2018 at 03:41 PM.
    bastardsonofelvis likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links