USP Compact ergos/handling - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: USP Compact ergos/handling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the replies y'all.

It isn't the safety - my USP doesn't have one - and it's not a crease in the polymer along the backstrap. It's not the stippling either.

Maybe the easiest way to put it is just that the top of the backstrap is banging against the the joint connecting my thumb to my hand.

I hear you GasGuzz, maybe the problem is that I am not getting a deep enough grip on the stock. I don't think this is the problem just because I don't have this problem with any of my other firearms, including the VP9 and P30SK (both of which have fantastic ergos, of course). And I ALWAYS try to get a high, deep grip.

This seems unlikely, but is it possible I'm gripping the stock too tight? That could cause the recoil to bang my joint up more I guess. I hate to feel like I'm not really bearing down when I shoot, but loosing up the grip could help I think.
    are there no stones in heaven but what serve for the thunder?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm wondering whether your grip is rotated unusually around the frame (due to the squared-off USP grip shape), so that your thumb knuckle is behind the tang.
    Wonder9 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Everyone hands are a bit different, some just don't work with certain grips.

I trained a female on my USP Compact 9mm, this woman has unusually small hands, most 12 year old girls have bigger hands, not exaggerating, she shot mine with no problems.

Hope you get this sorted out, it's such a great pistol!
    Wonder9 likes this.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you're both onto something, mneblett and Kost. The squared-off grip shape may be interacting with my hand in an unusual way, causing my thumb knuckle to rest under the tang. Assuming that's what's going on, any ideas how to sort the problem out?? Will I just have to hold my USPc a little different?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xarthurkriegerx View Post
    I think you're both onto something, mneblett and Kost. The squared-off grip shape may be interacting with my hand in an unusual way, causing my thumb knuckle to rest under the tang. Assuming that's what's going on, any ideas how to sort the problem out?? Will I just have to hold my USPc a little different?
    I have this same problem with the VP9 and it’s more squared off back of grip. The solution was to sell the VP9 and go with a P30 which does not bother that thumb knuckle at all.

The USPc is by far my least favorite HK. durable as heck, but I could never shoot it well, I think due to ergonomics. Consider ditching it for a P2000 which is a lot more comfortable, and for me, better shooting gun.
    Wonder9 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I have this same problem with the VP9 and it’s more squared off back of grip. The solution was to sell the VP9 and go with a P30 which does not bother that thumb knuckle at all.

The USPc is by far my least favorite HK. durable as heck, but I could never shoot it well, I think due to ergonomics. Consider ditching it for a P2000 which is a lot more comfortable, and for me, better shooting gun.
    Good to see a familiar name.

I never warmed up to the VP9 either, but then I prefer the USP9c. I carried a P2000 for about 2 years, and then discovered the USPc. The trigger on the v7 had me in spite of the brick like ergos.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Very much a "to each their own" -- I prefer the USP's block of a grip. Everyone needs to buy/shoot what works best for them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links