Just an opinion, open discussion LEM/CDA

Thread: Just an opinion, open discussion LEM/CDA

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Just an opinion, open discussion LEM/CDA

On HK's website, they refer to the LEM as also being called CDA (Combat Defense Action).

Other than this mention, nowhere else have I seen anyone call this trigger system anything besides LEM.
    I realize that it was developed for law enforcement, originally, therefore the Law Enforcement Modification name.
    Still, it seems that CDA / Combat Defense Action is more appropriate for the non-LE users.

I'd call it CDA.

...except for the fact that probably no one would know what you are talking about. "Oh, you must mean LEM, I've never heard of Combat Defense Action? (mumbles 'Idiot' under breath)."

Would someone involved in a civilian "good guy with a gun" shooting, found to be using a weapon that has been 'modified' with a "law enforcement" modification, who is not LE, be subject to higher scrutiny?
    "Who did the modification?"
    "You are not a trained Law Enforcement officer, so what kind of training do you have...?"
    Etc.

... "A refinement of a design created for several European police agencies, the P2000 is available with a traditional double-action/single-action trigger mode and the LEM/CDA (Law Enforcement Modification, also known as Combat Defense Action) trigger system first introduced in 2001 on the USP Compact “LEM” model." - quoted from hk-usa
    https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/p2000/
    GOA, NRA, NYSRPA, FPC, 2AWNY/2ANYS

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nope. There is no restriction selling LEM HK pistols to anyone. In any case the issue in a SD shooting will be whether the shooting was justified or not, what you say to police, and how good of a lawyer you hire.

As far as "trained LEO", the ones I know shoot less rounds in a year than I do in a month.
    Last edited by grumpy1; 11-10-2018 at 05:39 PM.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)

This is not an HK issue. And this is not a legal forum.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

Sponsored Links