20 round/140mm P30/VP9 mags! - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 20 round/140mm P30/VP9 mags!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I made some 170mm mags for my P30LS. We'll see how they actually run this weekend at USPSA.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 12-05-2018 at 02:02 AM.
    TLOU_Joel, DEG, Josefius and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得 箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I made some 170mm mags for my P30LS. We'll see how they actually run this weekend at USPSA.
    This is freaking awesome! I assume you run this in open? Do you have any videos shooting it in uspsa?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post
    This is freaking awesome! I assume you run this in open? Do you have any videos shooting it in uspsa?
    Yeah, I'm in open. Pretty terrible place to be in, since I have a slide-mounted dot, a carry comp, am in minor, and run a retention holster, but I'm not altering my carry guns for a game. Still, I'm able to score around 60% of the top shooter, usually, which is pretty good considering the matches are the only time I live fire any more, and the top shooter is usually a guy that is ranked in the top 5 for open for USPSA in terms of classifier scores. Currently a C class, because I keep fluffing the classifiers. Almost a B class in SC, short like a half of a percentage.

No videos, not a big social media person. Though maybe I should shoot some and seeing if H&K will sponsor me (i.e., send me a jersey and repost my IG pics).
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 12-07-2018 at 02:35 AM.
    JonFrost likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

25 rounds I assume? Any issue loading to capacity? Particularly when inserting on a closed slide...

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

No videos, not a big social media person. Though maybe it's shooting some and seeing if H&K will sponsor me
    Not if you keep reminding them how to load them mags for advertisement purposes.
    “When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
    "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
    "I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
    Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.”

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    25 rounds I assume? Any issue loading to capacity? Particularly when inserting on a closed slide...
    25 loads no problem with a closed slide. I can actually cram 26 in, but that'll make a slide forward reload more difficult, and I'm somewhat worried about the drag it would put on the slide during reciprocation, since I'm already running a comp, have the extra weight of the RMR, and am not the most diligent about keeping my guns clean or lubed. As a side note, I am using the +10 M&P springs from TF, we'll see if they lock open on empty, though I don't see why they wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Not if you keep reminding them how to load them mags for advertisement purposes.
    I just want to make my pics look as good as their pics.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Got to try mine out tonight as well. Zero issues and I’m pretty happy with 20rds in my HD gun.

20 round/140mm P30/VP9 mags!-5486d4a1-0a1c-4712-be15-7694d9f31980_1544150969428.jpeg

Side note, the OLight mini is awesome but looks tiny on my P30L. I think I’ll get a Valkyrie PL2 for it and put the mini on my wife’s VP9.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I just ordered a couple 20 rd VP9/P30 mags from Botach for $49.95 each and free shipping. They have over 480 in stock as of this post. Thought I'd share in case anyone else was looking for a slightly cheaper alternative then hkwebshop at the moment..

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I ordered 3 of these and used them in uspsa for the first time yesterday. They worked great. Only problem is, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the baseplate off to clean them. I looks like it should work just like a regular vp9 mag but I can't get it to slide off. Anyone have any advice?? I am feeling like an idiot, thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post
    I ordered 3 of these and used them in uspsa for the first time yesterday. They worked great. Only problem is, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the baseplate off to clean them. I looks like it should work just like a regular vp9 mag but I can't get it to slide off. Anyone have any advice?? I am feeling like an idiot, thanks!
    The spacer is probably impinging on the basepad; you'll have to slide the spacer up enough for it to clear the basepad.

I had no issues with my 170mm mags this last match, although it wasn't exactly super-high round count. Managed to eke out 63.83% of the top shooter, despite bombing out on the last stage. Another solidly mediocre classifier, too, flubbed the retention on my draw.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links