IS H&K Phasing Out the USP Line? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: IS H&K Phasing Out the USP Line?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default IS H&K Phasing Out the USP Line?

I’ve wanted an HK USP since 1998 when I was a sophomore and playing Metal Gear Solid.

The USP45 socom variant had this wicked looking light that made that pistol look glorious. I will choose a USP40.

You got to know that in that day in age, the USP was a mystical form of ninja wizardry.
    Last edited by Slytiger; 12-03-2018 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slytiger View Post
    I’ve wanted an HK USP since 1998 when I was a sophomore and playing Metal Gear Solid.

The USP45 socom variant had this wicked looking light that made that pistol look glorious. I will choose a USP40.

You got to know that in that day in age, the USP was a mystical form of ninja wizardry.
    #NotaUSP

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK CS1 View Post
    HK has no plans to discontinue the USP series pistols or the Mark 23. The only USP pistols that have been discontinued are the USP40T and the USP45CT. Both of these pistols were discontinued a while ago.
    Was the USP45CT discontinued because of the HK45CT..

Any info on an Update to the HK45CT or maybe a VP45CT just asking.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just snagged a new USP9 Tactical the other day. Was at the new LGS when they opened in August until I finally took the plunge in October, they haven't replaced it on the shelf. That being said, I've bought 7 HK handguns since the start of 2017 and I have yet to see a new P30 or P30L on a shelf. Even after I bought a P30sk over a year ago I have yet to see another one in stock anywhere.
    VP9 (Gray), VP9sk (Midnight Bronze), P30sk, USP9, USP9T, HK45CT, HK45T (FDE)
    Fabarm/HK FP6

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

H&K Mark 23 Mod 0 Phase 2 prototype is the gun from Metal Gear Solid
    H&K Guns I own:

HK P30L V3 LE 9mm
    HK P30L V1-4.1 9mm
    HK P30sk V1 LE 9mm
    1941 K98K ayf 8mm

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK CS1 View Post
    HK has no plans to discontinue the USP series pistols or the Mark 23. The only USP pistols that have been discontinued are the USP40T and the USP45CT. Both of these pistols were discontinued a while ago.
    Can you do one more run of the CT's?

It'd be cool if you did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The p30l long slide in. 40 is also discontinued; it now only listed in 9mm....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was today at a local IL gun shop, where they held a fair of many vendors.
    2 different clerks at the store said that HK stopped production of USP compact line. When asked the same question, an HK representative from the fair said, no, they did not stop producing them.
    Interestingly enough, HK did not demo any USPs at the fair - they had only VP9 and P30 in different variations. When asked why, he simply said "he does not have them".
    TBH it is kind of making sense that they could stop production - HK is trying hard to sell the VP9 and P30 as the "new" guns that were supposed to replace USPs.
    I'd love to love the VP9 and P30, but it is simply not the same. I cannot explain it. USP feels and looks different.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andru View Post
    TBH it is kind of making sense that they could stop production - HK is trying hard to sell the VP9 and P30 as the "new" guns that were supposed to replace USPs...
    ^^What gator33 said above. If military or LE contracts end for a specific USP caliber, and there are no other suitable customers to pick up the lost demand, HK could terminate the USP line for that caliber. I also see your point. I think HK ended the USP45c tactical to pave the way for the HK45c tactical. Kinda of wish civilian demand drove the HK business model, but HK contracts take first priority.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    ^^What gator33 said above. If military or LE contracts end for a specific USP caliber, and there are no other suitable customers to pick up the lost demand, HK could terminate the USP line for that caliber. I also see your point. I think HK ended the USP45c tactical to pave the way for the HK45c tactical. Kinda of wish civilian demand drove the HK business model, but HK contracts take first priority.
    In recent years, H&K has gotten better about listening to the civilian side of the market. They must have realized they were heading down the same path as Colt and that's not a path any firearms company wants to follow.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links