Like Tree10Likes

Thread: HK P30 Gray Import by RGUNS

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The price is hard to resist, if only they had the .40

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just 100 less for no warranty and much lower resell value. Nah not really hard to resist.
    mew likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fgmx View Post

It's like buying a new mercedes and then being told that Jiffy Lube is handling your warranty...
    Anyone have any success with HK US regarding these RGuns P30s ???
    fgmx
    This is why Jiffy Lube's Mercedes sales are so low.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There are many people import their own German Sigs for thousands more than a P30. For a 100% P30 made in Germany, I say it’s a good deal.

PC7
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

@fgmx , what was the issue you had with the magazine?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fgmx View Post
    Yes, the price is hard to resist.........tempted about purchasing another.....It's a great firearm.....
    After a bit of complaining.... Classic arms is supposedly arranging for me to get another magazine....got an email from them. I will see how that goes....Kinda surprised really that classic arms stepping up to get me one...... ( though they told me they did not have mags for it when I called them about the mag problem.....)

RGuns wanted me to send the mag back at my expense and IF after their inspection they deem it warranty worthy , they would send out a
    replacement......HK US WAS going to ship me out one free of charge, until they determined it was not their imported product......So , I am not worried about the pistol, but I have my doubts (from what I have read and videos I have watched on youtube) that RGuns will be around in the future , their customer service is a FAR Cry from HK US.......I found many people unhappy with dealing with them ( they are not customer friendly after the sale) ......
    I can definitely see where you're coming from. If it was a bigger, better known company....I wouldnt have an issue with paying the shipping to them, to have them inspect the parts. But some place that I've barely heard of, that could possibly just ship it right back to me.... uh uh.
    That is really good tho that Classic is gonna do the replacement, especially since they have to order new, since they don't have any in stock.
    Thanks for the input about their (RGuns) CS tho. That's always good to know! I mean, all I knew about them was that they don't return emails, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    Didn't you guys read post #12 above?
    It was actually post 12 that prompted me to the aforementioned emails being sent in inquire about the situation with RGuns, to both companies way back when this discussion was new. ;)
    Neither of them got answered, so me saying that I dunno why HK doesn't cover them, is me just being honest ;)
    And speculating about it would have just given fodder to rumors, or disinformation. So All I said was that I dunno why.

Quote Originally Posted by andru View Post
    That would be a good question to HK. Apparently they dont want to deal with RGuns, for some mysterious reason. Maybe it's guns that did not pass QC and were inteneded for destruction, maybe it was a stolen and confiscated batch, maybe they did not agree on the fees with the dealer.
    This is one reason why I didn't add any speculation to my post, as to why HK won't cover the warranty on them.
    However, that's a rather insulting post, whether it was meant to be, or not. Personally, I don't see HK having such low QC that any of their guns would be so defective as having to be destroyed. Second part of that, this IS the firearms industry we're talking about. No firearms manufacturer worth their name (Especially such a highly regarded and well known name) would ship out guns to anybody that were substandard or defective. Especially if word of that were to get out to the governments and law enforcement agencies that make up the majority of their contracts.
    As far as them being stolen guns, that's illegal sales. Confiscation that cannot be returned or kept as evidence isn't sold. They're melted down. Pure and simple.
    Post 32 - not all of us buy guns to re-sell ;)
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Honestly, I think it's a lot simpler than anyone is making it out to be... HK USA didn't import it, they're not making money on it, they didn't sell it with HK USA's warranty attached, why service it for free? I don't think this is unusual for HK, the gun industry, or even consumer products as a whole. Try importing a Samsung phone from Korea. I doubt you'll get Samsung USA to fix it for you free if something goes wrong.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    Honestly, I think it's a lot simpler than anyone is making it out to be... HK USA didn't import it, they're not making money on it, they didn't sell it with HK USA's warranty attached, why service it for free? I don't think this is unusual for HK, the gun industry, or even consumer products as a whole. Try importing a Samsung phone from Korea. I doubt you'll get Samsung USA to fix it for you free if something goes wrong.
    Agreed. I am temped to buy the p30 just because it's cheap. I wouldn't expect any issues with it. I just don't need it at all. But still want it lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post
    Agreed. I am temped to buy the p30 just because it's cheap. I wouldn't expect any issues with it. I just don't need it at all. But still want it lol
    This!
    The grey frame is nice but meh, cheap is expensive if you don't need it.

South of $500 it could be a throwaway if it needs a ‘defective gun’ warranty. Warranties are such an American commodity, and folks easily forget it is not free. In most regions outside of the USA, warranties are non-existent – and not needed, you build crap and consumers vote with their wallet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As for the auto warranty analogy… unless on a Euro Drive/Buy program, grey BMW/MB/etc. are not warranted by their US counterparts. You’ll even find the same between the USA/Canada border.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links