Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mag is loaded to capacity, 10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ghosthk, any solution?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So this may be a shot in the dark, but are the insides of the feed lips of your mags jagged and rough to the touch? I think it would be weird that all of the mags have the same issue but maybe the steel lips are rough and "Hanging" onto the round instead of letting it feed properly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    With the 1rst rd jam, how many rds is the mag loaded to?
    Guzz, Ice had originally been trying this under full load, then tried it again with download -1.

I'm kind of interested in seeing what that looks like under a full load, before putting it into the gun. As well as seeing it with only two in the mag, no insertion into gun. Preferably where we can see some of the stack, inside the mag, if possible.

Also just to recap, that this is an issue that got worse. When Ice originally posted, it was not full time. He'd since reported that it was happening much more frequently. Normally, I'd be inclined to say that it's mag springs, or a bad follower. But his mags aren't very old, and it's happening with all of them, and they're all factory mags.
    Last edited by DarkeWolf; 01-14-2019 at 04:41 AM.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeWolf View Post
    Guzz, Ice had originally been trying this under full load, then tried it again with download -1.
    Not after it came back from HK, and there is no post/report what HK did. I would even skip -1, but what does it do at 5rds loaded?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Guzz - True that. At least as far as Ice has reported.

Ok, first off, yes...this is a pic of a VP9 slide, not a p30 slide. I don't own a p30, but both should have this part that I've got highlighted with arrows. And for the life of me, I CANNOT think of what this part is CALLED this late at night!!

Failure to feed first round-15-900x502.jpg
    Here's what my brain is imagining that is going on. For whatever reason that we yet to deduce, the mag is being inserted into the pistol. That part that I've marked, is trying to strip the first round off the magazine stack. Either because of some issue with the mags, or due to that part right there, it's pulling the first round out at incorrect angles, which is also resulting in the round under it, being pulled forward, and out at an angle.
    (and possibly the third round in the mag also being knocked out of whack.)

Now, is it the first round itself, that is causing the misalignment issues, or is that highlighted bar, causing the alignment issues, by possibly being out of spec, and pushing the top round down too far? Or are the magazines being inserted too deeply, and causing that bar to push the rounds too far down?
    Is the round underneath the top one, causing the alignment issues, where the round doesn't want to chamber correctly?

I'm really of the belief that the rounds aren't entering the chamber correctly, and that with the slapping, he's having to force them to fully seat. (That's not safe, long term, IMO btw Ice). But the cause of it, without actually looking at the pistol itself, and having hands on, of when it goes thru those motions is only leaving me with possibilities.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icenoir View Post
    Quickly did a dry test, HK apparently did clean and lube it... (I did not). Now I have no failures using slide release. Jammed 2x on sling shot but a second sling shot feed the round. (Previously multiple sling shot would fail). Using the same wwb nato. So HK definitely improved the situation. I think sling shot failures today are my fault somehow due to not releasing it fast enough...
    Will follow up hopefully tomorrow.
    Can you post a video of you racking the slide? Are you sure you're not 'riding the slide' with your slingshot technique?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icenoir View Post
    Quickly did a dry test, HK apparently did clean and lube it... (I did not). Now I have no failures using slide release. Jammed 2x on sling shot but a second sling shot feed the round. (Previously multiple sling shot would fail). Using the same wwb nato. So HK definitely improved the situation. I think sling shot failures today are my fault somehow due to not releasing it fast enough...
    Will follow up hopefully tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Condition0 View Post
    Can you post a video of you racking the slide? Are you sure you're not 'riding the slide' with your slingshot technique?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
    That is what I was thinking.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Cartridge feeding… As the slide recoils and extracts, the breech/stripper-rail comes up behind the top rd, springing forward it feeds/strips the mag of the top rd, pushing/loading it into the chamber. With the chamber loaded, the top rd is resting/pushing up against the stripper rail. Rinse, repeat.

The mag feed lips/length dictate the angle and timing the cartridge is fed towards the chamber, the stripper rail’s function is only to push/strip/hold the mag top rd. Subsequent rds under the top rd are dumb cows, they follow what is in front of them, the spring assures that.

Unless the OP says otherwise, I don’t see any marks indicating the bullet nose jamming against the barrel feed ramp. Hands off and postings face value, the top rd just hangs/jams on the feed lips and the breech/slide not overcoming the jam, there is enough mag spring force to cause the stoppage.

The sling shot action may be a factor, but it shouldn't from the slide release lever (it's a normal/designed operation).
    Last edited by GasGuzz; 01-14-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can you post a video of you racking the slide? Are you sure you're not 'riding the slide' with your slingshot technique? -------

Note sure how I can make a video available, but the same/similar problem will occur using the slide release... So possible riding the slide is only a part of this problem.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links