USP Are They Better? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: USP Are They Better?

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco45 View Post
    I am interested in a USPc in 9MM. It seems that a lot of people talks like the USP line of guns are a lot better than their others. Is this true and why? I have a P2000sk, P30sk and a VP9sk and really like these guns. I just wonder how the USP guns are better?
    Handle and shoot the USP9c. That's the only way you'll know for sure. Shooting the USP9c will be a different experience given the HKs you own now, and I think you'll like it. My first USP was a USP40 full size, and I got hooked on the USP line. Over time, after shooting lots of HKs, the USP45 became my favorite USP pistol.
    TexasJim and Tuco45 like this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I don't know that the USP is actually any better than the others, but the full-size USP is definitely my favorite HK pistol. I just like shooting it and like the way it manages recoil. When it comes to the USP Compact, I think it's a great pistol but about even with the P2000. I don't notice any appreciable difference between the USPc and P2000.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The ergos of the P2000's, P30's and HK45 do not make up for the overall USP experience. I love all three calibers of USP. I do not have any USP compacts, so I can't comment. The P7 and P9 series are awesome, but not supported or sold anymore. I really like the VP9 and sk, but if the P7 is in the shop, out comes the USP.
    TexasJim likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Str8shtr View Post
    As a retired SEAL said to me, if he were going to fast rope from a helicopter into Mogadishu the HK USP is the pistol he would choose.
    That's probably before the new HK45 came out. Wonder his thoughts now?
    I could have swore that this topic came up about a year ago. I remember a lot of people that have both saying that they like shooting their P2000 or P30 much better. Could be wrong.
    German Cars and Guns
    Italian Motorcycles
    North-West Coast IPAs

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I prefer the USP grip to the hk45. I actually prefer the walther ppq45 grip to the hk45
    TexasJim likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For me it's the shape of the grip, I can't stand haunched backstraps, they don't provide a good grip for me, usually lacks support at the heal of my hand, sometimes at the web. An example would be the Beretta 92, couldn't ever stand the feel of that pistol but then there's the M9A3 with a straight backstrap that I actually like. I guess I just like a grip that provides equal support for the heel and the web of the hand, not the palm only, especially true when it comes to the draw as I never know where those humped things will be pointing.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I love USP, it's a very robust design, changing out a $6 Detent Plate to configure into a different trigger enhances the utility of the design.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco45 View Post
    I am interested in a USPc in 9MM. It seems that a lot of people talks like the USP line of guns are a lot better than their others. Is this true and why? I have a P2000sk, P30sk and a VP9sk and really like these guns. I just wonder how the USP guns are better?
    I bought the VP9 first, but had a hard time CC. I also had to switch the sights out. I started a hunt for a USP9c, eventually found one, and bought it. I don't know what it is about it or how to explain it, but it's a great pistol. Solid.
    dpadams6, TexasJim and Tuco45 like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

P7 - nice, compact, accurate, heavy
    USP - nice trigger, larger in hand, less ergo, USP elite/expert really accurate with nice MATCH trigger
    P30 - nice ergo, so-so trigger
    P9S - older, glass rod trigger break, accurate
    TexasJim likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The USP’s are all great - the USP 45 full size is probably the best, IMO. It’s great to shoot, like a miniaturized MK23.

The ones in 9mm are fun to shoot, especially the Expert, and the Tactical as well. The USP9 Compact I loved asthetically - but at the end of the day, I end up shooting the P30/P30L much, much better, and the difference in grip size doesn’t make enough of a difference to justify it for carry (of course, your experience of it may be totally different). The USP9 full size is fun, but at the end of the day the P30L just works better for me. The USP9 has a better trigger, but I got Lazy Wolf custom work on my P30L.

The USP 40 is great for that caliber, as it’s one of the few guns that was actually designed for that caliber and is beefy enough to handle it. I’m just not interested in .40.

In short, definitely try them all out, as much as possible - you’ll either fall in love, or just prefer something else. Every HK enthusiast should have at least one or two in their collection - after buying a MK23, of course.
    Last edited by TLOU_Joel; 12-19-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    TexasJim likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links