Grays Guns v. Lazy Wolf
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Grays Guns v. Lazy Wolf

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Post Grays Guns v. Lazy Wolf

I have a V1 P30, and have finally accumulated all of the V4.1 parts needed for the conversion. I would like to send this pistol off to Lazy Wolf to make that conversion, and for their "Master Reduced Reset Action Package" or Gray Guns for their "Reduced Reset Carry Perfection Package".

My friend has a Lazy Wolf and it is fantastic.

Are their technical, physical differences with the work performed on these pistols? If so, is someone here experienced with both and willing to share their experiences? I understand one was born out of the other.
    It also looks like with Lazy Wolf I have to pay extra for the coated internals, and go through a second vendor. I've heard they may use the same pistolsmiths as contractors? It's not like everyone in this town in Oregon knows the art of the HK, heh.

Thanks for any thoughts you may share,
    Last edited by Disregarded9-side; 12-18-2018 at 09:40 PM.
    2 + 2 = 4, whether you know how to count or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I can't speak to the quality of the work but I was disappointed when I called Lazy Wolf about my shipping my P30 to him. I wanted him to send me a label but he didn't work it that way; I had to ship it myself. Unfortunately, that would have cost me $75 while sending me a label might have cost me around $25. That's more than I wanted to pay for shipping so I decided to keep what I have. I'd be glad to hear if he's changed that policy.

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

^^^ In close to 15 years of commissioning various jobs from private gunsmiths from around the country, I have not, ever, once had a gunsmith to provide any reduced shipping option. That includes Lazy Wolf and GGI. I am not sure what avenues they have to provide such service. I spent $150 on shipping roundtrips every time I sent my stuff to them, which is why last time I sent in three guns. In fact, some manufacturers, H&K specifically, required me to pay shipping costs when sending in for warranty work.

To the OP: since you know that the guy who runs LW used to work for GGI, I presume that's reasonable to suspect that know-how is no different from the two shops. I think it comes down to level of services offered and specific experience. I can't speak for current situation at GGI but they have always stood by their work. I am not aware of either of the shops contracting third parties, or each other. Personally, I wouldn't have an HK trigger job without surface coating.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    I can't speak to the quality of the work but I was disappointed when I called Lazy Wolf about my shipping my P30 to him. I wanted him to send me a label but he didn't work it that way; I had to ship it myself. Unfortunately, that would have cost me $75 while sending me a label might have cost me around $25. That's more than I wanted to pay for shipping so I decided to keep what I have. I'd be glad to hear if he's changed that policy.
    Why on Earth would you expect him to cover cost of shipping?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My LGS ships for me, highest handgun cost was $25, last time it was Owner, he only charged me $10.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I ended up going with LWG. Rick has more than one vendor to do the coating. The lead time for coating is a bit long. But I’m hoping it’s more than worth it. My VP9 was sent to Robar for NP3+ on everything, the Vickers MRRAP package, and the new F3 trigger. He’s also going to install the PMM comp while it’s there. I’m sure it won’t disappoint.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I caved and paid for the shipping to LWG but I asked Rick to pick up my laundry from the cleaners,....he said no.

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bmbutch View Post
    My LGS ships for me, highest handgun cost was $25, last time it was Owner, he only charged me $10.
    That's a local to you FFL, who chooses to provide the service. They are effectively doing a transfer + shipping, at whatever cost they decided to do it. Some guy from 10 states away, FFL or not, decides to send you a label - he can only send a pre-paid FedEx or UPS label at whatever cost the shipping company is going to charge him.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Has anyone handled pistols with trigger jobs by both?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyno View Post
    Why on Earth would you expect him to cover cost of shipping?
    I don't expect the gunsmith to carry the cost - he can charge me $25 for shipping, which is about what it costs an FFL to ship. Without him providing the shipping label I have to pay $75 one way. Providing a shipping label is not an uncommon arrangement.
    Last edited by Jaywalker; 12-19-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links