USPc 9mm LEM trigger questions

Thread: USPc 9mm LEM trigger questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default USPc 9mm LEM trigger questions

Thinking about picking up a USPc 9mm. Have had P2000 & P2000SK's in 9mm LEM and got rid of those due to the triggers. I like the feel of striker fired triggers. For me, pick up and shoot; no learning curve or practice needed. Would I like the USPc in light LEM better than the p2000's in LEM? I don't recall which LEM spring setups the p2000's had btw. Is there enough difference between them to notice? I've read the USP comes with a better trigger. Your thoughts?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

The USPc LEM trigger is much nicer than the P2000 LEM. Factory LEM P2000 is V2, which is Heavy LEM.

You won't be disappointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very much agreed.

The USP9c v7 has the best trigger of all HK variants in my opinion. Short, crisp reset, hammer fired, blocky grip makes it track well, aggressive factory grip texture, large trigger guard for gloved shooting, LEM provides ability to see the trigger press when fingers are cold and fatigued. Daily carry for me. I have previously carried the P30 v3, P30 v1, P2000 v2, and P2000sk v1. I can't see the USP9c being replaced anytime soon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The light LEM on the USPc is better than the light LEM on the P2000’s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow! Kind of didn't expect those responses. So if I go with a USP Compact 9mm, which way would you suggest I go to get the best, most "striker-fired-like" (VP9'ish, 5lb) trigger feel? Are the new V7 models GTG out of the box or would I need to change some springs? If mods are needed to get a new V7 where I'd want it I could pick up an older one for less and convert it.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ER67 View Post
    Wow! Kind of didn't expect those responses. So if I go with a USP Compact 9mm, which way would you suggest I go to get the best, most "striker-fired-like" (VP9'ish, 5lb) trigger feel? Are the new V7 models GTG out of the box or would I need to change some springs? If mods are needed to get a new V7 where I'd want it I could pick up an older one for less and convert it.
    Factory LEM on the USP is Heavy LEM so if you want that 5-lb trigger, convert it to Light LEM. Takes a couple of springs so search the Reference Library section for my LEM Springs Chart thread. It'll tell you what you need to convert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. Is there any advantage at all to the new V7's vs converting an older model?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

Depending on how old. Older models had the short Catch (or even an 1-piece Catch) that will not work with LEM so you'll need a new Catch (or a new 2-piece Catch with a long Catch). KF or later will have the updated 2-piece Catch so you just need the longer Catch. AF or later will have everything you need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ER67 View Post
    IMO, as much as I love the LEM trigger, it's not a good stand-in for striker-fired. It's good in its own right, is my favorite "DAO" trigger and I carried a USP40c v7 for about 3 years, but if you want to get a striker-fired pistol, then either a VP9/VP40 or a Glock is what you need.

The length of pull is the main thing with the LEM that is just too different. Shooting to reset is the way around that, but not everybody trains to shoot to reset or wants to train to shoot to reset. And even if you do train to shoot to reset, you still have a long pull every time you pick up the gun or take your finger off the trigger. It's not like with DA/SA, where you can take your finger off the trigger for a moment and then find the trigger still in the rear position. It's a light pull and it is fast to use, but make sure you know and prefer what you are getting into because it's not quite the same as striker-fired triggers and if you want a VP9, I'd just recommend getting a VP9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S404 View Post
    IMO, as much as I love the LEM trigger, it's not a good stand-in for striker-fired. It's good in its own right, is my favorite "DAO" trigger and I carried a USP40c v7 for about 3 years, but if you want to get a striker-fired pistol, then either a VP9/VP40 or a Glock is what you need.

The length of pull is the main thing with the LEM that is just too different. Shooting to reset is the way around that, but not everybody trains to shoot to reset or wants to train to shoot to reset. And even if you do train to shoot to reset, you still have a long pull every time you pick up the gun or take your finger off the trigger. It's not like with DA/SA, where you can take your finger off the trigger for a moment and then find the trigger still in the rear position. It's a light pull and it is fast to use, but make sure you know and prefer what you are getting into because it's not quite the same as striker-fired triggers and if you want a VP9, I'd just recommend getting a VP9.
    You're missing the point of my question. I don't need to find a SF gun with a trigger I like. I have 7 VP9's already and several Glocks. I only explained my preference as a point of reference. I was interested more in knowing if there were noticeable differences between P2000 and USP LEM triggers and if the USP LEM leaned more toward my preferred trigger feel. I haven't yet tried a USP LEM but plan to soon. It's another iconic HK I really want to like to shoot.

Sponsored Links