P-30SK Grip Sleeve - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: P-30SK Grip Sleeve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My installation experience so far with the Hogue for an S&W Shield 2.0 has been bad. I left the sleeve in boiling water, stretched it with pretty strong hands, used the plastic strip technique ( stupid, as it destroys the OEM packaging) and never got it installed. I'll try again after the New Year. Don't expect a five minute installation. I gave up after 30-40 minutes and I don't like to give up. Maybe the new rough grip surface on the 2.0 Shield will never work with the Hogue sleeve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got it on my Shield 2.0 after a lot of work and windex. Amazon refunded the payment and Hogue is sending a replacement. Hope it holds together and I honestly question whether it's worth the effort considering how ergonomic the 30SK is in the first place.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drshame View Post
    Got the Hogue Handall Jr......heated it up in hot water and tried stretching it onto the 30Sk's grip......IT SPLIT!!!
    Contacted Hogue...will see what they recommend. Sent Amazon a note and it looks like they'll refund the price.
    Was a $7 exercise...so it certainly didn't cost too much.
    Maybe the regular sized Handall Grip Sleeve would fit better.
    Anyone have any experience with the Talon Grip Overlays? Not sure if they add any cushioning or not...and do like the OEM HK Grips' patterning.
    I have Talons (rubber) on all my HKs. They're durable (when installed correctly), easy to remove (no adhesive left behind, very easy to remove) and give a little extra purchase without being able to feel the shape of the grip. Not really a shock absorber though, maybe just a tad. I have a couple guns with well over 10K on original set of Talons, they stay put well.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I put a bicycle tire tube on my p30sk. It works great

P-30SK Grip Sleeve-img_2261-2-.jpg
    Last edited by Dwright; 12-29-2018 at 11:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got a replacement from Hogue.
    Exact same installation failure...split.
    Contacted them and will see what they suggest.

UPDATE: Customer Service says the large side and back grip inserts ay be too large for the handall jr. sleeve. They're sending me the regular sized Handall Sleeve...hopes it holds togther. They say it say it may need a little trimming on the bottom.
    Will see. But probably not bothering with them anymore. Obviously, the large backstrap/side panels expands the dimensions of the grip enough to make installation difficult if not impossible.

If you have installed a handall grip jr to a 30SK with large grip panels...you're a better person than me!

Fortunatley, I'm thnking more and more the HK Grip by itself is just fine...and doesn't really need to be more cushy.
    Last edited by drshame; 01-02-2019 at 09:33 PM.

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwright View Post
    I put a bicycle tire tube on my p30sk. It works great

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2261 (2).JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	926.7 KB 
ID:	222022
    Where do you get your German bicycle tubes?

Why not go with a tubeless tire and put it on with the tread on the outside?

Seriously, that doesn't look too bad. I thought it would. What size?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drshame View Post
    Got a replacement from Hogue.
    Exact same installation failure...split.
    Contacted them and will see what they suggest.

UPDATE: Customer Service says the large side and back grip inserts ay be too large for the handall jr. sleeve. They're sending me the regular sized Handall Sleeve...hopes it holds togther. They say it say it may need a little trimming on the bottom.
    Will see. But probably not bothering with them anymore. Obviously, the large backstrap/side panels expands the dimensions of the grip enough to make installation difficult if not impossible.

If you have installed a handall grip jr to a 30SK with large grip panels...you're a better person than me!

Fortunatley, I'm thnking more and more the HK Grip by itself is just fine...and doesn't really need to be more cushy.
    Talons, the rubber ones, might be the way to go. I like them over the HK grips, just a little 'tackier' feeling. They'll fit without any issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bp1 View Post
    Where do you get your German bicycle tubes? ��

Why not go with a tubeless tire and put it on with the tread on the outside? ��

Seriously, that doesn't look too bad. I thought it would. What size?
    It's a 18 inch kids bicycle tire tube and it works great. It feels better than the Talon's that I've used in the past. The stippling on this gun is not great and the tube really improves my grip on the gun.

I also bought a short left side slide lock lever and filed it almost flat. I removed the right side lever and filed down the nub that sticks out to hold the right side lever. I wanted to make it as slim as possible. I didn't know if I wanted the p30sk or the p2000sk but with the changes I've made I'm really liking this gun. I still might buy the p2000sk because I really like the look of that gun.

I honestly couldn't care less about how the tube looks on this gun, it's just for carry.
    bp1 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The ergos of the p30 are too good, I removed hogues and love the rubber talons I replaced them with.
    drshame likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quick Update:
    Hogue's customer service was great and sent me a 3rd HandallGrip sleeve after the first Jr's tore on installation.
    This full sized sleeve for my P30sk looked like it was going to fit nicely.
    I carefully got it started onto the grip, and it was even going nicely up the large backstrap.
    But the grips' front shelf was very tight and as I carefully pushed/pulled it past the front ledge, IT TORE AGAIN!
    Thumbs Up to Hogue for sending me replacement sleeves.
    But 3 strikes and you're out.
    Done.
    Not bothering anymore.
    The ergonomics of the grips are good, would have liked the extra cushioning but it's certainly not required.
    Yes, I am sure there are plenty of customers who've had no problem at all, and I was able to get one on my Shield 2.0 and enjoy the feel of it.
    But I'm done for now and will enjoy the excellent ergonomics of the stock grip and move on to other projects.
    Last edited by drshame; 01-10-2019 at 05:44 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links