Tight slide VP9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bentonville

Thread: Tight slide VP9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Tight slide VP9

What causes so much resistance when taking down the vp9? On my m&p they're very smooth with no resistance. The vp9 almost feels like the rails and corresponding channels in the slide are too perfect a fit.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

There's very little resistance between slide and frame when I field strip my VP9. It's quite smooth actually. Then again, I've put 4000+ rounds on my VP9 and have cleaned and lubed it about 9 times.

Is this the first time you have field stripped your gun? Are you disassembling and assembling your gun correctly? Have you lubricated your VP9 per the owner's manual? You need to provide more info. Too many variables here.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You probably already do this but when you have the slide retracted to turn down the take-down lever, push slightly downward on the back of the slide as you move it forward. I suggest to not use force to push the slide forward. It takes very little pressure on the rear downward to release the slide to move forward . Hope this helps.
    dguillory likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bentonville View Post
    You probably already do this but when you have the slide retracted to turn down the take-down lever, push slightly downward on the back of the slide as you move it forward. I suggest to not use force to push the slide forward. It takes very little pressure on the rear downward to release the slide to move forward . Hope this helps.
    What he said. P30 can be same.

Anyone who legally can, should carry a firearm and train to use it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I know on my vp9sk, i push down on the front of the guide rod before releasing the slide for disassembly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've found pulling the trigger makes a difference. But I believe hk says you shouldn't have to.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suzukigs750ez View Post
    I've found pulling the trigger makes a difference. But I believe hk says you shouldn't have to.
    You should contact HK and request to have it looked at. Another member here was having the same problem (pulling the trigger in order to remove the slide) and HK fixed it.

Sponsored Links