Hk USPc - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hk USPc

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    I'd say the USP9c. The trigger weight is less, making it easier to shoot than the USP45c.
    ??? The triggers are exactly the same.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    ??? The triggers are exactly the same.
    Sorry, should have clarified. I have an AC (2002) dated USP9c SS and a BF (2015) dated USP45c SS, both DA/SA triggers. In DA mode, the 9 pulls much smoother and lighter than the 45. Ditto in SA mode. I read somewhere on this site that the earlier USP compacts had a match trigger spring and not the standard trigger spring.

But you're right. If the OP is comparing a 9 and 45 from the same year there about, the triggers should be the same.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FergusandCo View Post
    As long as you don't mind having 9mm as one of your calibers, that would be my choice also.

More than effective enough with modern ammo, easier to shoot, less felt recoil, and higher capacity. Also cheaper to shoot.

I would carry one if my agency allowed it, over the .40 P2000 LEM I'm issued now. We're going to 9mm, but God knows when that will finally happen.

My partner has a USP .40 Compact LEM while I have the P2000 LEM. We've compared them side by side and the USP .40 Compact has a much shorter trigger reset. I absolutely prefer it, at least if I'm restricted to the LEM trigger module, which I am.
    Light LEM or Heavy? I had my USPc 9mm converted to light LEM and that is what I prefer with regards to reset and trigger pull

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert77 View Post
    Hello this is my first post so bare with me. I have a Hk uspT in 45 and love it. My LFD just got in a uspc in both 45 and 9 which Iím having a hard time deciding. Iím not trying to get into the whole 45 vs 9 but asking anyone that has shot both or owned both which they preferred and why. Iíve shot both calibers and I know personal prefence has a lot to do and unfortunately I canít buy both.
    Like you, I have a 45 tac, and eventually got both 45c and 9c USPs. The 9 as a cc is my preference, especially with the right sd ammo. Muzzle rise is almost nil with the 9, but the 45 will need additional follow up shot time for most of us. The narrower width and additional capacity makes it great.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Light LEM or Heavy? I had my USPc 9mm converted to light LEM and that is what I prefer with regards to reset and trigger pull
    That I don't know. Both are DHS issue, and we can't mod 'em. If I had to guess I'd say both are early production and bone stock. The USP Compacts were earlier, and if I had to guess, I'd say I've had this particular P2000 since about 2006? Whenever the drop-dead date was that they said we couldn't carry personal P229's was. They had to drag me kicking and screaming, because I loved my SIGs. I guess, in retrospect, I became a lover of the revolver style DAO triggers on the service mandated version of the P229. I'm still an HK guy, though, in general, and own a USP45 full size, a P7M8 and a P7M10.

I don't know the terminology, so forgive me in advance, but the proof mark with antlers on my P2000 is "AG" and the S/N starts with 123...

I don't have access to an issue USP40 compact as I write this, but will post when I can. I'm guessing they were from 3 or 4 years earlier, though, just off memory.

My gun is a little more forgiving to shoot with the bulk of a weapon mounted light, but I would take a full size gun in a heartbeat if they were offered. I like a little heft to a pistol, especially in .40, .45, or a .357 revolver.
    Last edited by FergusandCo; 01-14-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    "Remain yourself, in spite of all the mighty do."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone for all the great advice and tips. I decided to go with the USPc in 9. I have an even variety between 45 and 9 and don’t favor one over the other. It was a tough choice wish I could of went with both!

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- my favorite flavor is .45 ACP--- congratulations on the acquisition!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert77 View Post
    Thanks everyone for all the great advice and tips. I decided to go with the USPc in 9. I have an even variety between 45 and 9 and don’t favor one over the other. It was a tough choice wish I could of went with both!
    You will find another one eventually ;) I have both, I shoot the 9mm better but I don't practice enough with the .45. Both are 10 rounds in peoples republic of NY so round count is not an advantage here. You made a great choice, one of my favorites!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Can’t go wrong with either but I would go 9mm, good luck on which ever way you decide to go!

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FergusandCo View Post
    That I don't know. Both are DHS issue, and we can't mod 'em. If I had to guess I'd say both are early production and bone stock. The USP Compacts were earlier, and if I had to guess, I'd say I've had this particular P2000 since about 2006? Whenever the drop-dead date was that they said we couldn't carry personal P229's was. They had to drag me kicking and screaming, because I loved my SIGs. I guess, in retrospect, I became a lover of the revolver style DAO triggers on the service mandated version of the P229. I'm still an HK guy, though, in general, and own a USP45 full size, a P7M8 and a P7M10.

I don't know the terminology, so forgive me in advance, but the proof mark with antlers on my P2000 is "AG" and the S/N starts with 123...

I don't have access to an issue USP40 compact as I write this, but will post when I can. I'm guessing they were from 3 or 4 years earlier, though, just off memory.

My gun is a little more forgiving to shoot with the bulk of a weapon mounted light, but I would take a full size gun in a heartbeat if they were offered. I like a little heft to a pistol, especially in .40, .45, or a .357 revolver.
    I checked, and the USP .40 Compact which we were comparing is an AC code (2002), so we were comparing a 2002 DHS USP .40 Compact LEM trigger to a 2006 DHS P2000 LEM trigger. The USP .40 Compact trigger reset was way shorter.
    Last edited by FergusandCo; 01-16-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links