VP9 Long Slide Kit - Page 20
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: VP9 Long Slide Kit

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razzman1 View Post
    I contacted Troy McManus about it, and he stated that no exemption would be made--there needs to be 2,000 complete pistols made. As far as HK being interested--I don't know if HK Germany is interested or not. HK USA is, but that's not where the uppers come from. It bothered me at first, as I usually only shoot Production, but really quickly I just said F it...I just want to shoot it. So I bought an HK parts magwell, some extra factory 20 round mags, and changed my division to Limited-10 minor at Area 6. It's really an awesome pistol, and if it never gets on the Production list, I won't lose any sleep over it (but I hope it happens).
    Nice. I hadn't considered limited 10. I am currently signed up for production. I may switch to limited minor or just switch slides. I am a c limited and b production so it's not like I am going to win either division. For me the fun is the gun. Hope I get a chance to squad with you one day, I'll hopefully get to see you shoot at A6

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I contacted Troy McManus about it, and he stated that no exemption would be made--there needs to be 2,000 complete pistols made. As far as HK being interested--I don't know if HK Germany is interested or not. HK USA is, but that's not where the uppers come from. It bothered me at first, as I usually only shoot Production, but really quickly I just said F it...I just want to shoot it. So I bought an HK parts magwell, some extra factory 20 round mags, and changed my division to Limited-10 minor at Area 6. It's really an awesome pistol, and if it never gets on the Production list, I won't lose any sleep over it (but I hope it happens).
    The hk parts mag well works ok with factory 20 rd mags?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why do you need 20 round mags to shoot L-10? Or just got those because if you are buying extra mags might as well be the 20's? I don't have any of those, are they within the 140mm magazine length limit for L-10?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Finally took mine out on Friday. As expected, it would not cycle any 115 grain load, but had no trouble with Winchester white box 124 NATO. I may try the original slide's recoil assembly just for the heck of it. It shot a couple of inches right at 10 yards but was no trouble to get sighted in.

So far, so good!

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
    Why do you need 20 round mags to shoot L-10? Or just got those because if you are buying extra mags might as well be the 20's? I don't have any of those, are they within the 140mm magazine length limit for L-10?
    In limited 10 you can use a magwell, so it makes sense to have the bigger mags with heavier baseplates even though you are only running 10 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post
    In limited 10 you can use a magwell, so it makes sense to have the bigger mags with heavier baseplates even though you are only running 10 rounds.
    Oh sure, that makes sense, might as well run a magwell.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post
    The hk parts mag well works ok with factory 20 rd mags?
    Works like a champ. I shot a good practice session with the combo yesterday. The more I shoot the gun (upper), the more I like it. I don't know why, but it is noticeably softer than a standard VP9.

Keep an eye on my squad (63 I think?). If someone drops off my squad, you should jump on!

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Works like a champ. I shot a good practice session with the combo yesterday. The more I shoot the gun (upper), the more I like it. I don't know why, but it is noticeably softer than a standard VP9.

Keep an eye on my squad (63 I think?). If someone drops off my squad, you should jump on!
    Thank you, and will do!

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PorterM and Whisper like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed on it shooting softer, and also I've found it will tolerate lower power factor ammo than the standard VP9 will and still cycle reliably.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links