VP9 Long Slide Kit - Page 23
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: VP9 Long Slide Kit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBelly62 View Post
    After getting the long slide kit I thought it would be a while before seeing any holsters available. Seen where Comp-Tac had them, this one came today. Never used their holsters before, seems to be nicely built and they were very quick on the shipping
    Ran the first 150 smooth and seamless rounds through mine this afternoon. Needed a minor rear sight adjustment. Very lightweight, super smooth, comparable feel to my SW Performance Center M&P 5”... Slid right into my standard VP9 kydex owb holster and spent the day comfortably on my hip!

VP9 Long Slide Kit-4566abde-2a40-44d3-9d41-bf1e02ce7822.jpeg
    VP9 Long Slide Kit-5469197d-65d2-48bb-8c29-568c339205b7.jpeg
    HK45 tac
    USP45 tac
    USP9 tac
    USP9c
    USP40c
    USP45c
    VP9le x 2
    VP9 Long Slide
    P30LS 9 v3
    P30L .40 v3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kjax1911 View Post
    Ran the first 150 smooth and seamless rounds through mine this afternoon. Needed a minor rear sight adjustment. Very lightweight, super smooth, comparable feel to my SW Performance Center M&P 5”... Slid right into my standard VP9 kydex owb holster and spent the day comfortably on my hip!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4566ABDE-2A40-44D3-9D41-BF1E02CE7822.jpeg 
Views:	500 
Size:	916.0 KB 
ID:	228142
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5469197D-65D2-48BB-8C29-568C339205B7.jpeg 
Views:	322 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	228144
    when you say smooth did you mean the trigger pull? ive recently shot an M&P 2.0 (so not a Performance) FDE. did like the trigger, but found it broke a touch farther back than the VP9. a nice trigger thought - and definitely gave me a positive impression of the M&P 2.0 line.....

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomerpyle View Post
    P30L is an awesome pistol - but the trigger is a different beast. the reset is noticeably longer, and will definitely feel so after shooting a VP9. The DA on the p30 is heavy, but workable......
    I have a P30SK, and yes trigger is different than VP series, but all my hammer fired are different than striker fired :-)
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomerpyle View Post
    when you say smooth did you mean the trigger pull? ive recently shot an M&P 2.0 (so not a Performance) FDE. did like the trigger, but found it broke a touch farther back than the VP9. a nice trigger thought - and definitely gave me a positive impression of the M&P 2.0 line.....
    Smooth as in very soft shooting, minimal recoil/muzzle flip and easy to keep on target. The VP9 trigger action is indeed a part of that “smooth”. I use the Apex FF upgrade in my MP’s and while the VP9 trigger is a bit “longer” action, I’ve easily adapted to it and find it one the best out of the box striker fired trigger actions available, even the heralded PPQ... obviously YMMV.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Had mine out yesterday to fire about 100 rounds of Winchester white box NATO 124 would loosen it up enough to work with 115 gr. loads. It's almost there; it occasionally fails to cycle fully. One type of ammo I can definitely disrecommend is Hornady 124 gr. "HAP" (Hornaday Action Pistol). This appears to be steel cased ammo with a truncated cone JHP. The last round in the magazine failed to extract, the slide closed on it and locked closed. Brute force in the form of impact was required to open the slide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kjax1911 View Post
    Smooth as in very soft shooting, minimal recoil/muzzle flip and easy to keep on target. The VP9 trigger action is indeed a part of that “smooth”. I use the Apex FF upgrade in my MP’s and while the VP9 trigger is a bit “longer” action, I’ve easily adapted to it and find it one the best out of the box striker fired trigger actions available, even the heralded PPQ... obviously YMMV.
    definitely agree that the VP9 trigger is a one of the best out of the box triggers - an equitable amount of pretravel, a definitive wall, a touch of creep that I like, and a definitive break...
    Kjax1911 likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So, is anybody using the VP9L as an everyday carry yet? People do it with the 1911 and Glock 34, so clearly the size isn't a barrier (and I used to carry a 1911 years ago). I'm just wondering if I should switch to a fixed sight....

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I’ve carried 34s with adjustable Dawson’s without any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whisper likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

In the ongoing saga of 'what holster fits the L,' I wanted to add this:

For 3-gun, I usually swap between two different holsters. A CompTac with no retention--when the stage has you starting with the pistol, or you aren't doing anything that requires retention--and a Safariland ALS for a P30L when the stage has you running/jumping/climbing, etc. Although it is for a P30, the holster works perfectly with the VP9, so I never bothered to get a different one. Earlier today I hit it with a heat gun for a few seconds, and just like the CompTac, it now fits the L perfectly.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Cool I get weak for Long Slides

This place is costing me lots of money - LOL!
    Just ordered the Hk Long Slide kit for my VP9.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links