VP9 Long Slide Kit - Page 27
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: VP9 Long Slide Kit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

My intention is not to get into a flame war with you, but I'd point out by your own admission that you went much further into the gun than just the slide, when you specified that you'd replaced the trigger shoe component with a Lazy Wolf trigger, which meant that you did a detailed, or semi-detailed disassembly and reassembly of the receiver. On his website, Rick Holm specifically suggest the use of a gunsmith for the installation of that component....and then you also specified that you did a "bunch of stuffs" to the slide, which begs further questions...

And then subsequently you encountered trigger pull issues....That's not to say that as in individual you can't do such work yourself, but there really are some benefits to using properly trained, certified individuals-particularly on a relative complex receiver architecture with a multitude of interfacing fiddly parts. You have more of a guarantee to basic proper fit and function, and, if
    performed by a HK certified armorer, warranty protection (at least if HK parts are used).

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonHK40; 05-04-2019 at 10:15 PM.
    WolfieRules and HK CS1 like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonHK40 View Post
    My intention is not to get into a flame war with you, but I'd point out by your own admission that you went much further into the gun than just the slide, when you specified that you'd replaced the trigger shoe component with a Lazy Wolf trigger, which meant that you did a detailed, or semi-detailed disassembly and reassembly of the receiver. On his website, Rick Holm specifically suggest the use of a gunsmith for the installation of that component....and then you also specified that you did a "bunch of stuffs" to the slide, which begs further questions...

And then subsequently you encountered trigger pull issues....That's not to say that as in individual you can't do such work yourself, but there really are some benefits to using properly trained, certified individuals-particularly on a relative complex receiver architecture with a multitude of interfacing fiddly parts. You have more of a guarantee to basic proper fit and function, and, if
    performed by a HK certified armorer, warranty protection (at least if HK parts are used).

Best, Jon
    I really don't mean to hijack the thread. My apology to OP and other, however.... I gotta clear this up for any misunderstanding.

Sir, no offense but you do have problem with understanding what I have wrote. I urge you to read it again, slowly and carefully.

The trigger shoe replacement was done by Mr. Holm. I do use his service for my VP9 all the trigger jobs. You asked what I have done but not who done it. Then I specified that I did bunch of stuffs on my "Original Slide". You know, one that has been on the frame when I first bought it. Not the new long slide.

Again, the trigger pull bottoming out occurred from the beginning when I first tried out from fresh out of box. And guess what? It got fixed after HK replaced the firing pin. Only the firing pin, nothing else. Get it???

Now, has this cleared everything for you? Some ppl see and read only what they want to read and see. Hope you are not one of those.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
    I really don't mean to hijack the thread. My apology to OP and other, however.... I gotta clear this up for any misunderstanding.

Sir, no offense but you do have problem with understanding what I have wrote. I urge you to read it again, slowly and carefully.

The trigger shoe replacement was done by Mr. Holm. I do use his service for my VP9 all the trigger jobs. You asked what I have done but not who done it. Then I specified that I did bunch of stuffs on my "Original Slide". You know, one that has been on the frame when I first bought it. Not the new long slide.

Again, the trigger pull bottoming out occurred from the beginning when I first tried out from fresh out of box. And guess what? It got fixed after HK replaced the firing pin. Only the firing pin, nothing else. Get it???

Now, has this cleared everything for you? Some ppl see and read only what they want to read and see. Hope you are not one of those.
    If yours didn't work right from trigger pull 1, wouldn't the prudent thing to have done was to have called HKCS first?
    HK CS1 and JonHK40 like this.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    P30 LS
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    If yours didn't work right from trigger pull 1, wouldn't the prudent thing to have done was to have called HKCS first?
    Yep, that's exactly what I should have done. I guess I wasn't thinking straight. I was lucky it got resolved with the simple replacement of firing pin.

Just yesterday, I had time go to my range to work up a load development and tried the long slide kit with the new firing pin. Just like others has stated, it's an amazing shooter. I even did the 5 magazine mag dump with a mixture of 115, 124, and 147 grains bullets and it cycled beautifully. I even love the sights. Too bad I will have to replace the sights when I mount a red dot on it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gpark09 View Post
    Yep, that's exactly what I should have done. I guess I wasn't thinking straight. I was lucky it got resolved with the simple replacement of firing pin.

Just yesterday, I had time go to my range to work up a load development and tried the long slide kit with the new firing pin. Just like others has stated, it's an amazing shooter. I even did the 5 magazine mag dump with a mixture of 115, 124, and 147 grains bullets and it cycled beautifully. I even love the sights. Too bad I will have to replace the sights when I mount a red dot on it.
    "I really don't mean to hijack the thread. My apology to OP and other, however.... I gotta clear this up for any misunderstanding."

"Sir, no offense but you do have problem with understanding what I have wrote. I urge you to read it again, slowly and carefully."

"The trigger shoe replacement was done by Mr. Holm. I do use his service for my VP9 all the trigger jobs. You asked what I have done but not who done it. Then I specified that I did bunch of stuffs on my "Original Slide". You know, one that has been on the frame when I first bought it. Not the new long slide."

"Again, the trigger pull bottoming out occurred from the beginning when I first tried out from fresh out of box. And guess what? It got fixed after HK replaced the firing pin. Only the firing pin, nothing else. Get it???"

"Now, has this cleared everything for you? Some ppl see and read only what they want to read and see. Hope you are not one of those."

I don't think I'm the one having problems with parsing through the specifics of your response(s). In post #258, when answering my queries, you specified "As for the frame concerns, all I did was swap out the trigger with Lazy Wolf's F2 trigger."

Now in post #262, you then specified that the trigger work was done by Rick Holm at Lazy Wolf. That's great, but it wasn't exactly what you said in your first response, although I can understand how you could come to that conclusion, but the way it was originally stated I, and I suspect most readers, would come to the conclusion that you personally performed the work.

I guess then that if there was a potential warranty question vis-a-vis triggerpull, the first question in my mind if I were in your situation would be "Who would be the warrantor-Rick Holm or HK?" On his website, Rick stipulates that he's a 'Master HK Gunsmith" and fully guarantees all of his action work. Since you had used someone other than HK to go into your receiver and perform work, shouldn't he have been in your queue to query after HK Warranty declined?

Again, if you're satisfied with the relatively inexpensive firing pin replacement, life is good. But your situation, as you've laid it out on this thread, leads me to support HK Warranty in their "decline" to provide free warranty support. And I'm still not sure how the firing pin could be the cause (or a causal factor) of a trigger drop-was it the firing pin, or something in the disassembly/reassembly process with the trigger (or slide) that caused the issue? Was it a flawed lug/lug engagement-that's about the only thing that comes to my mind in looking at the firing pin if the firing pin truly was the causal factor.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonHK40; 05-06-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Sponsored Links