Firing pin question?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Firing pin question?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Firing pin question?

I'm going to swap out the firing pin on my police trade in P2000. I'm not having issues but I read somewhere in the forum that it is a good thing to do with these guns. Should I go with the titanium pin or the standard? Not much difference in price. If it were the only change I made would I notice much of a difference? Would my P2000 be happier? I won't replace the spring yet because that would add a variable and because eventually I will replace that spring and the TRS. BTW my P2000 is v2 LEM.
    Last edited by wheelz; 01-23-2019 at 01:44 PM. Reason: add info

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
    I'm not having issues...
    I wouldn’t, not yet at least unless I had issues with the RSA and mag springs. And if I did, I would go std simply because it’s an HK part.
    On paper Ti is coupled with a stronger spring, so why change it if not as a pair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good point.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I also support if you are not having a problem then don't mess with it.
    HK - No Compromise

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

The only time it's a good thing to replace the firing pin in a P2000, is if it's encountering issues or is broke, if it's not a high round count pistol, the firing pin spring should be good, unless it's also encountering issues...if it as ain't broke don't fix it...spend your money on ammo and training
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    The only time it's a good thing to replace the firing pin in a P2000, is if it's encountering issues or is broke, if it's not a high round count pistol, the firing pin spring should be good, unless it's also encountering issues...if it as ain't broke don't fix it...spend your money on ammo and training
    Being a Police trade in I thought it possible it did have a high round count. I read once(in these forums)that the firing pin should be changed when you buy a Police trade in. I couldn't find that thread, just now but what I did find re-enforces yours and other points in this thread. Not that I doubted but so you could see how this got into my head.

ESR

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Oh, Oh...does this mean that the design is faulty?

ESR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry I don't understand. Does WHAT mean the design is faulty? You must have meant this question for someone that would know.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ESR View Post
    Oh, Oh...does this mean that the design is faulty?

ESR
    DHS and ICE tested the P2000 series, firing hundreds of thousands of rounds before choosing them, there is NO faulty design found in the P2000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
    Being a Police trade in I thought it possible it did have a high round count. I read once(in these forums)that the firing pin should be changed when you buy a Police trade in. I couldn't find that thread, just now but what I did find re-enforces yours and other points in this thread. Not that I doubted but so you could see how this got into my head.
    Unless it came from a really unusual dept or an individual personally interested in marksmanship, most police shoot a qualifier maybe once a year and seldom otherwise.
    -Russell
    "You don't get to blame me for how I fix what you break."
    P30 v3, P7M8
    BMW R1200C

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links