Firing pin question?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Firing pin question?

  1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2018
    Posts : 42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Firing pin question?

    I'm going to swap out the firing pin on my police trade in P2000. I'm not having issues but I read somewhere in the forum that it is a good thing to do with these guns. Should I go with the titanium pin or the standard? Not much difference in price. If it were the only change I made would I notice much of a difference? Would my P2000 be happier? I won't replace the spring yet because that would add a variable and because eventually I will replace that spring and the TRS. BTW my P2000 is v2 LEM.
    Last edited by wheelz; 01-23-2019 at 01:44 PM. Reason: add info

  2. #2
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Location : CO
    Posts : 909
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
    I'm not having issues...
    I wouldn’t, not yet at least unless I had issues with the RSA and mag springs. And if I did, I would go std simply because it’s an HK part.
    On paper Ti is coupled with a stronger spring, so why change it if not as a pair.

  3. #3
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2018
    Posts : 42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Good point.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Domino's Avatar
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 906
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    I also support if you are not having a problem then don't mess with it.
    HK - No Compromise

  6. #5
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Kost's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2006
    Location : Big Sky Country
    Posts : 5,217
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    The only time it's a good thing to replace the firing pin in a P2000, is if it's encountering issues or is broke, if it's not a high round count pistol, the firing pin spring should be good, unless it's also encountering issues...if it as ain't broke don't fix it...spend your money on ammo and training
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

    Hidden Content Hidden Content

  7. #6
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2018
    Posts : 42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    The only time it's a good thing to replace the firing pin in a P2000, is if it's encountering issues or is broke, if it's not a high round count pistol, the firing pin spring should be good, unless it's also encountering issues...if it as ain't broke don't fix it...spend your money on ammo and training
    Being a Police trade in I thought it possible it did have a high round count. I read once(in these forums)that the firing pin should be changed when you buy a Police trade in. I couldn't find that thread, just now but what I did find re-enforces yours and other points in this thread. Not that I doubted but so you could see how this got into my head.

  8. #7
    ESR
    ESR is offline
    Member

    Join Date : Sep 2010
    Posts : 63
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Oh, Oh...does this mean that the design is faulty?

    ESR

  9. #8
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2018
    Posts : 42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Sorry I don't understand. Does WHAT mean the design is faulty? You must have meant this question for someone that would know.

  10. #9
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Kost's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2006
    Location : Big Sky Country
    Posts : 5,217
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ESR View Post
    Oh, Oh...does this mean that the design is faulty?

    ESR
    DHS and ICE tested the P2000 series, firing hundreds of thousands of rounds before choosing them, there is NO faulty design found in the P2000.

  11. #10
    Member
    russc2542's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Location : Columbus, Indiana
    Posts : 71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
    Being a Police trade in I thought it possible it did have a high round count. I read once(in these forums)that the firing pin should be changed when you buy a Police trade in. I couldn't find that thread, just now but what I did find re-enforces yours and other points in this thread. Not that I doubted but so you could see how this got into my head.
    Unless it came from a really unusual dept or an individual personally interested in marksmanship, most police shoot a qualifier maybe once a year and seldom otherwise.
    -Russell
    "You don't get to blame me for how I fix what you break."
    P30 v3, P7M8
    BMW R1200C

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •