Is The P30L Discontinued? They’re Seemingly Impossible to Find.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Is The P30L Discontinued? They’re Seemingly Impossible to Find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Greetings,

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I’d like to know if anyone has any idea regarding new runs of the P30L coming to market. I’m specifically interested in the long slide version, preferably LEM (though I’d take ANY variant), yet they are IMPOSSIBLE to find, both locally and online. I’m only interested in the 9mm.

I’d be extremely grateful if anyone knows whether this pistol has been discontinued, and I should just seek out a used one, or if I can expect to find one in the retail market again at some point.

I am a big HK enthusiast and have collected many of their firearms, including many that are relatively difficult to procure; for some reason this model is incredibly elusive. I’m a fan of bigger guns with longer barrels, so the regular P30 just doesn’t do it for me. I’m kicking myself for not picking one up when they were more available.

Thank you so much for your time!!!
    Last edited by sjamesk; 02-04-2019 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Spelling
    HK-P30L likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oddly enough, I was looking for one too. I went to 4 different gun stores and 2 of the stores said they are discontinued. :-\ It's a shame really. Hoping the stores are wrong.
    HK-P30L likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I really hope they’re wrong as well! I had an opportunity to fire one a while back and it was a fantastic firearm. I’m really regretting passing up on it. A guy who lives 4 hours from me will sell me a lightly used one for $750, but I’m reticent to do that if new ones are going to be available again at some point.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BSAA_USA View Post
    Oddly enough, I was looking for one too. I went to 4 different gun stores and 2 of the stores said they are discontinued. :-\ It's a shame really. Hoping the stores are wrong.
    You need to go back to those 2 stores and slap them. And stay away from those stores because they don't know jack.
    POLY9, wallew, SteveLC and 1 others like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Heyas James, Heyas USA, welcome to the forums!

USA- as TooSixy said, those guys should be slapped. HK hasn't discontinued a product line since like.....WW2? I dunno, that's an exaggeration but it gets the point across. Perhaps they were thinking of the unsubstantiated RUMOR that HK was going to stop making .40's?

Ok, so actually yes.... this actually has been covered a bit recently. The answers are still the same. They're hard to find, because supplies are running low. For whatever reason, parts and guns are being slow to come over from several of the German gun manufacturers right now. They're saying that they are are under heavy load trying to fill military and LE contracts right now. They're saying that distribution to the US will be either late Feb, March, or second quarter.
    HK-P30L likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeWolf View Post
    Heyas James, Heyas USA, welcome to the forums!

USA- as TooSixy said, those guys should be slapped. HK hasn't discontinued a product line since like.....WW2? I dunno, that's an exaggeration but it gets the point across. Perhaps they were thinking of the unsubstantiated RUMOR that HK was going to stop making .40's?

Ok, so actually yes.... this actually has been covered a bit recently. The answers are still the same. They're hard to find, because supplies are running low. For whatever reason, parts and guns are being slow to come over from several of the German gun manufacturers right now. They're saying that they are are under heavy load trying to fill military and LE contracts right now. They're saying that distribution to the US will be either late Feb, March, or second quarter.
    Hey, thanks! That’s excellent info— it’s much appreciated! I’m assuming this applies to all variants (including the L— which I’ve been on a mission to find).

I guess I can hold off on the long drive to pay an inflated price for theused P30L, since they’ll be available again relatively soon.

Thanks again!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Heya James! Yup, no problem. :)
    There's light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a waiting game of when the train is gonna arrive, LOL. :)
    My recommendation is to hunt around online for stores that have them advertised, but out of stock. If the stores will let you sign up for email notifications of when they have them again, your email will tell you when they've hit the shelves again. You can also watch sites like gunbroker, sometimes you can find them there used, or new. Sometimes the buy it now prices are too high, but some of us have had some luck in fighting out the auctions. As that saying goes about eggs in one basket, I'd sign up for as many different stores as you can find, since some of them may send out the emails, or they might not. You might also get notified of them being on sale, too.
    HK also has a facebook page where they like to post about updates and stuff. I don't do much in the social media anymore, so I dunno if they do twitter or anything else. I would think they would, but I dunno.

I might add that while you're waiting, maybe stock up on a few mags. I've seen a few stores that have them in stock right now, for under 40 bucks. Which is pretty good. When the guns are selling hot, the mags for the p30/VPx sometimes get as high as 50+ dollars!

[Edit] OBTW- You should actually be thanking TooSixy. A lot of the info that we've been getting about when they're hoping to ship was info that he's originally posted ;)

As far as what they're going to be shipping and how much of it, I haven't really heard. Just from a business standpoint, I'd assume it's going to be new to the market items, as well as the highest demand items first. I can only say that they're planning to ship the new VP-L slides really soon, but they're saying only 200 units. So yeah, it's kind of a wait and see kinda situation.[/edit]
    Last edited by DarkeWolf; 02-04-2019 at 04:23 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

as someone who owns a P30L lem , P30 v3 ( da/sa no safety ) and a P30sk Lem, I'd call around to other gun stores and see if you can order one.... I found my P30L and P30sk at my local Cabelas, and while i eyed the P30L for a good month before pulling the trigger ( no pun intended ) a couple weeks later, they had the P30sk ( both was used ) in the library area... and I snatched the P30sk for a price i couldn't pass up...( a bit over 400 out the door ) and it came with 4 mags.. The other P30, i found brand new at a local gun store for 600$ and after a week or so of thinking about it, i came back and bought it... JMO, but i think the reason why places don't carry certain HK guns is because it's a niche market... it's not like going into Cabelas or your local GS, and buying a Glock 19 / M&P 9, Sig P320....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In the heads up forum I made a post about an on line store that has a BNIB P30L V3 .40S&W for $619 if your still looking for one. I thought it was a really good price considering it's brand new.

Here's the link for you P30L If I had the money I would have bought it!
    lakelandman likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beantown View Post
    In the heads up forum I made a post about an on line store that has a BNIB P30L V3 .40S&W for $619 if your still looking for one. I thought it was a really good price considering it's brand new.

Here's the link for you P30L If I had the money I would have bought it!
    Good find— I’m really wanting the 9mm, but if the drought continues, then I’d def settle for a 40! Definitely a reasonable price.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links