USP 40 vs USP Elite - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: USP 40 vs USP Elite

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'm a 9mm guy, but think the USP series is probably the best thought-out, common-sense, no BS handgun anybody has built. It's the softest shooting 40 I've owned. Over the years, I've had all the newer stuff... but have kept my USP-40's. [full-size, compact, and Expert] I don't think there has been any real improvements in this design. It also looks like a HK. Personally, I think the newer stuff looks like cross-bred USA and Euro pistols.
    Last edited by mmissile; 02-05-2019 at 03:11 PM.
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
    You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good.
    Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
    Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

"If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat" Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    Consider an LEO trade in USP 40 - either in full sized - HK USP V1 - low price is $365 a high price of $415

perhaps a compact - USP Compact - high is $450 - low is $385

Might I suggest you consider the HK MARK 23 - IF you can actually own one in California - that I can't say. A nice used example will be about $500 (ish) more but you end up with an ICONIC HK PISTOL

You should also consider the EXPERT as well.
    wallew,

Thanks for the additional information. That Mar 23 looks evil; all firearms with threaded barrels are illegal in California so they are out of the question while I still live here (hopefully not for long, lol). I have to admit the Mark 23 looks very good too, and everyone seems to like it!

Quote Originally Posted by mmissile View Post
    I'm a 9mm guy, but think the USP series is probably the best thought-out, common-sense, no BS handgun anybody has built.
    It's the softest shooting 40 I've owned. I've had all the newer stuff, but have kept my USP-40's. [full-size, compact, and Expert] I don't think there has been any real
    improvements in this design. It also looks like a HK. Personally, I think the newer stuff looks like cross-bred USA and Euro pistols.
    mmissile,

I am really liking the whole USP lineup; the USP 40 shoots great, easy, and fun, and I can only imagine how much more smooth the higher-end USPs shoot.
    mmissile likes this.
    Guns:
    CZ-75B
    H&K USP Elite

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Then the USP Expert may be the pistol for you...
    A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Then the USP Expert may be the pistol for you...
    wallew,

I think I want the USP Expert, USP Elite, and the MARK 23 now......

Actually, I think I will try, at least for the time being, hunt for an USP Elite; I just can't get over the unique looks of that longer barrel USP. Plus, it is one of the very few 6"+ barrel semi-auto guns that are allowed in California, so I know I will be somewhat cool at the shooting range, lol.

But, the USP Expert, will be right behind it; if I loved the USP 40 then I can only imagine how much I will enjoy the USP Expert.

Gosh darn it, I want an H&K already!

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

If you purchase a FULL SIZE USP you can have a gunsmith ADD the adjustable Match sights (have to mill the slide for them to fit). But the part is less than $100 (at least I think that is correct).

You can also get a MATCH TRIGGER put on the USP as well. Though right now, I do not believe they are available from anybody at this point, though HKCS is saying some time this summer they should be available again.

So technically you could purchase a USP 40 and dress it up with the items you want on it (Match trigger & sights) and be close to what you want for less money. Especially if you pick up an LEO trade in.
    Last edited by wallew; 02-05-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M.O.G.U.E.R.A. View Post
    I think I want the USP Expert, USP Elite, and the MARK 23 now......

Actually, I think I will try, at least for the time being, hunt for an USP Elite;....if I loved the USP 40 then I can only imagine how much I will enjoy the USP Expert.

Gosh darn it, I want an H&K already!
    Yep. HK addiction has taken hold of you. The Experts, Elites, and MK23 are the finest DA/SA guns in the HK world. The US45 Elite is relatively easy to acquire for now. However, the supply here in the US will not last as they are imported from Germany. Last year, they were going as low as $750 from suppliers in your home state. Get one as soon as you can. The USP40 Expert is much harder to come by. They do pop up on this forum on occasion, however.
    M.O.G.U.E.R.A. likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you really want a Mark 23, I bet you can have the thread protector tack welded or silver soldered on to ATF specs, so as to render the threading useless. Pretty cheap to have done if you can find a seller willing to work with you (.ie. send you the pistol and send the barrel to a smith). Tack welds are easily reversible with a dremel if you move to a free state. Ive removed many from rifles that had a nut welded on to make them legal for import. Im building a NJ compliant AR in the near future for my parents and will be welding one on so they can remove it when they move outside of the communist zone.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I thought I had read a thread about Mark 23 barrels with and without the thread.
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-parts...els-250-a.html

UNFORTUNATELY none of them are in stock at the moment

EDIT - ok, I was mistaken - HKParts.Net does have a MARK 23 barrel that is flush fit. Basically making it like an EXPERT, which has NO THREADED BARREL.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Mark...-207p17622.htm
    5.87 barrel length - $250 plus s&h and IN STOCK as of right now.

AND

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Mark...-207p16561.htm
    6.10 barrel length - $269 and IN STOCK as of right now.
    Last edited by wallew; 02-10-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    Yep. HK addiction has taken hold of you. The Experts, Elites, and MK23 are the finest DA/SA guns in the HK world. The US45 Elite is relatively easy to acquire for now. However, the supply here in the US will not last as they are imported from Germany. Last year, they were going as low as $750 from suppliers in your home state. Get one as soon as you can. The USP40 Expert is much harder to come by. They do pop up on this forum on occasion, however.
    I have been infected with the H&K bug, I might be joining the H&K family real soon! I am working on putting a deposit down on an Elite today!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you purchase a FULL SIZE USP you can have a gunsmith ADD the adjustable Match sights (have to mill the slide for them to fit). But the part is less than $100 (at least I think that is correct).

You can also get a MATCH TRIGGER put on the USP as well. Though right now, I do not believe they are available from anybody at this point, though HKCS is saying some time this summer they should be available again.

So technically you could purchase a USP 40 and dress it up with the items you want on it (Match trigger & sights) and be close to what you want for less money. Especially if you pick up an LEO trade in.
    wallew,

The USP Elite comes with the match trigger no? I am looking at the product website and it mentions:

"Target trigger with adjustable trigger stop"

Quote Originally Posted by crang11 View Post
    If you really want a Mark 23, I bet you can have the thread protector tack welded or silver soldered on to ATF specs, so as to render the threading useless. Pretty cheap to have done if you can find a seller willing to work with you (.ie. send you the pistol and send the barrel to a smith). Tack welds are easily reversible with a dremel if you move to a free state. Ive removed many from rifles that had a nut welded on to make them legal for import. Im building a NJ compliant AR in the near future for my parents and will be welding one on so they can remove it when they move outside of the communist zone.
    crang11,

I think I will save the MARK 23 for some other time; in the meantime I will get the USP Elite.

I thought I had read a thread about Mark 23 barrels with and without the thread.
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-parts...els-250-a.html

UNFORTUNATELY none of them are in stock at the moment
    wallew,

When out of California, I will hunt a MARK 23 down!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links