What the fiddlesticks is this?! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: What the fiddlesticks is this?!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crang11 View Post
    That Forester stuff looks interesting. May have to experiment with it- thanks.

Yes- the etched? proof marks like the stag horn and serial number always seem to have that gold look. Been trying to figure out how to recreate it. Didnt realize someone else was already on it.
    Heyas Crang - sure thing, no problem. Glad to help out :)
    As far as the actual laser etching, instead of roll marks. Essentially what it requires is a laser engraver. Not your average laser engraver. Most of them can only burn into paper, possibly leather. You need a really high wattage machine that can burn into steel, but even more so for hammer forged. To sum it up, it requires a high grade, industrial level laser engraver.
    Last edited by DarkeWolf; 02-07-2019 at 05:36 AM. Reason: replaced text with correct terminology
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    It's a special Barbie Doll version of the USP Expert 45. You didn't know?
    A pink cerakoted Mk23 (frame and slide). Now that would be the ultimate HK Barbie Doll, LOL!!!
    TooSixy and DarkeWolf like this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    It's not even touching up a firearm that has worn info on it - this is people just wanting to be different and dress up their pistol

Just because it's NOT HK FACTORY APPLIED doesn't make it bad, just different
    Live and let live I say...until someone tries to sell said "customized" HK and thinks they will get the same amount of $ for a non-factory mod (as it relates to paint).

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Indreams84,
    I concur completely.

And don't even get me started on scammers stealing photos posted online and then use them to 'sell' bogus firearms.

We live in a strange new world, and not in a good way
    Indreams84 likes this.
    A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

"When the pin is pulled, MR GRENADE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!!"

Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something!!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeWolf View Post
    Heya Moguera! LOL sorry, I was kinda mixing my responses in, to everybody that had posted, all at once. I didn't really mean all of it directly to you.
    Tends to happen when I'm up way after my bedtime, haha.
    I agree tho, the way I see it, it's your gun, and as long as it's still a safe mod, go for it if you wanna do it. Now granted....some of it might not be to my particular taste (that team cerakote that had the horrid lime green kote that was selling on GB!!) but.... ya know.

Depending on what they used, if you don't like the accenting, you might be able to take it off with acetone (aka fingernail polish remover). Tho I don't know if I'd recommend trying anything else, as far as chemical, other than a toothpick and trying to scrape it out. (I definitely don't recommend acetone on a cerakoted gun tho!! That's what they use to strip the 'kote off with. This one isn't 'koted, but just for future knowledge.)

Hahaha yeah, I can understand that. I guess I just started this back in the day when about 50-70% of used pistols and even some rifles, were modified in some fashion or another. Most often in the form of aftermarket grips or sights. Hahaha wait til you see a gun with silver or gold screws that somebody has added! ;)
    Acetone should not be used on polymer guns.
    The red and white crayon fad comes and goes. Imo, don't use nail polish if you want to fill in the logo, etc. If you do, don't use acetone when you are ready to remove it.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Condition0 View Post
    Acetone should not be used on polymer guns.
    The red and white crayon fad comes and goes. Imo, don't use nail polish if you want to fill in the logo, etc. If you do, don't use acetone when you are ready to remove it.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
    Original post edited. Thanks much for the correction, Condition0! :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeWolf View Post
    Heyas Crang - sure thing, no problem. Glad to help out :)
    As far as the actual laser etching, instead of roll marks. Essentially what it requires is a laser printer. Not your average laser printer. Most of them can only burn into paper, possibly leather. You need a really high wattage machine that can burn into steel, but even more so for hammer forged. To sum it up, it requires a high grade, industrial level laser printer.
    Im not sure when they switched to laser etching but the USP Im debating having refinished is from the late 90s. Definitely looks different than my more modern laser etched ones. A different gold tone, but gold nonetheless wanted to duplicate....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crang11 View Post
    Im not sure when they switched to laser etching but the USP Im debating having refinished is from the late 90s. Definitely looks different than my more modern laser etched ones. A different gold tone, but gold nonetheless wanted to duplicate....
    Gotcha gotcha. https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...ml#post3479996 @Uncle Malice was the one who had posted that they were working on the project. I don't know if you can PM yet or not. I think it might be 51 posts, if you can't? But they'd probly know more about this than I would.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yeah to me it's a good way to mess up and HK..

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

At a local gun show last year, I saw one almost identical to the expert you displayed in your post. The guy selling it, told me it was factory, but having been collecting Hks for around 20 years, I knew he was full of @#$%. Probably could use lacquer thinner to remove it, but I would be worried about damage to the slide finish. I walked away from it. They guy also said it was a new production, but the date code was an AH if I recall. Buyer always has to beware of crooks, especially dealing with any classic firearm. Just my two cents.
    DarkeWolf likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links