Did HK bid VP9, VP9C, and VP9SK for US CBP 9MM Handgun solicitation?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Did HK bid VP9, VP9C, and VP9SK for US CBP 9MM Handgun solicitation?

igs
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Did HK bid VP9, VP9C, and VP9SK for US CBP 9MM Handgun solicitation?

Has anyone heard if HK submitted the VP9, VP9C, and VP9SK family for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection solicitation for 9MM Handgun?

The new VP9 family seems a great fit for the requirements of striker-fired, polymer-framed, optics ready (larger two sizes), no external safety (except trigger safety) pistols in three sizes (full-, mid-, and compact-sized). The contract for up to $85 million is potentially one of the biggest U.S. law enforcement agency pistol contracts ever. The vendors were to have NIJ-certified lab test results of the proposed pistols and bids submitted by September 19, 2018, but I have not found any info on who submitted bids.

9MM Handgun
    Solicitation Number: 70B06C18R00000037
    https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=0

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

There is no such thing as a VP9C. So HK would not meet the three sizes requirement. Also, the VP9 is not optics ready. So HK fails to meet that requirement as well. I am positive that had HK designed, produced, and submitted a VP9C and a VP9 optics ready, even if they lost the contract, those products would now be available to the civilian market. We don't even have rumors of such products.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Actually there are 3 sizes: VP9L, VP9 and VP9SK. Two bigger sizes are coming in OR (Optic Ready) variant that were presented by HK long before deadline to submit bids. I went trought SOW and do not see anything that would exclude HK (if I read 4.1.17.1 correctly). So if HK would really want they could pursue this opportunity.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

They would need to remove the lockout (no biggie).
    Either FS VP9L-OR or MS VP9-OR should be viable, but they need a C/Compact.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The VPL has not been released yet. Look at the date of the contract. And there is still no optic ready variant. Show your source that says HK submitted an optic ready variant.

igs
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyno View Post
    The VPL has not been released yet. Look at the date of the contract. And there is still no optic ready variant. Show your source that says HK submitted an optic ready variant.
    They've both been out for 2 years already.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...fp9-l-sfp9-sk/

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Those are not in the US. Also, that link doesnt say anything about HK submitting them for the contract. Try again bud.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyno View Post
    Those are not in the US. Also, that link doesnt say anything about HK submitting them for the contract. Try again bud.
    Those are not in the US for civillians. You really think they wouldn't be able to submit the SFP9 variants for the trials?
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Wolves don't lose sleep over opinion of sheep.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    Either FS VP9L-OR or MS VP9-OR should be viable, but they need a C/Compact.
    Compact is not required to be optic ready.

GCV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am anxiously awaiting the VP9 long slide kit for my current VP9. I called H&K customer service yesterday and they said it would be another 45 to 60 days wait. I then asked if it would be coming in an optics ready version and the rep said no, maybe in the future. But I would think, with everyone else coming out with an OR version they eventually will have to follow suit. Now I have to decide either to wait or buy one and have it milled. Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links