HK45C Barrel - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: HK45C Barrel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mine is a 2007 date code and serial numbers match.

I've been thinking of cleaning up the frame on a particularly gnarly police trade in. I havent tried it yet but reading on a Glock forum people simply sanding them out with progressively finer sandpaper. I havent tried it yet but looks like it can be done. I suspect it will be shinier or duller than the rest of the frame. Decided it was likely only worth it if I was going to buff/polish the whole frame or cerakote it after I got the gouges out.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    No serial numbers other than what's on the dust guard on the frame, on the latest US-made HK45Cs. But there are 2 additional spots on the gun that you can find the serial numbers (non-matching), an indication that they are still produced in Germany. Barrel is one. Your homework is to find the other spot :)
    Maybe he needs some sort of sight upgrades

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crang11 View Post
    Mine is a 2007 date code and serial numbers match.

I've been thinking of cleaning up the frame on a particularly gnarly police trade in. I havent tried it yet but reading on a Glock forum people simply sanding them out with progressively finer sandpaper. I havent tried it yet but looks like it can be done. I suspect it will be shinier or duller than the rest of the frame. Decided it was likely only worth it if I was going to buff/polish the whole frame or cerakote it after I got the gouges out.
    yes, the initial/early run German guns were all number matching; slide, frame, and barrel. This is how mine is. I know when they started making/assembling them in the US this was no longer the case. somewhere on here, I recall someone claiming the three number match deal on the German guns had something to do with the proofing of the guns in Germany. I have no idea if this is accurate, but I recall reading it on here at some point. I hope I'm not furthering poor info??????

as for your second issue, I don't know about working on the polymer with an abrasive, but I suspect there are guys on here who are knowledgeable in such practices...
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCSO264 View Post
    yes, the initial/early run German guns were all number matching; slide, frame, and barrel. This is how mine is. I know when they started making/assembling them in the US this was no longer the case. somewhere on here, I recall someone claiming the three number match deal on the German guns had something to do with the proofing of the guns in Germany. I have no idea if this is accurate, but I recall reading it on here at some point. I hope I'm not furthering poor info??????

as for your second issue, I don't know about working on the polymer with an abrasive, but I suspect there are guys on here who are knowledgeable in such practices...

Interesting. My gun is somewhere around a 2010-2011 model and says "made in USA" yet still has matching serial numbers for the frame/slide/barrel.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by V10Jon View Post
    Interesting. My gun is somewhere around a 2010-2011 model and says "made in USA" yet still has matching serial numbers for the frame/slide/barrel.
    interesting. I don't know at what point they stopped matching all three, only that the most current US made guns don't have the serial number on the slide (I'm not sure about the barrel). Remember, the early US made guns were really more assembled in the US than "made" in the US, so the parts kits coming from Germany may have come with the serial numbers applied and matching? that is just a shot in the dark.

I know both my full size and compact were in the first batches of guns to make it to the Northwest. Each came in the first batch of 10 guns the largest HK dealer in the NW got. I was calling them nearly daily getting updates on the delivery, when each gun came in, I took the day off work, and drove 2 hours to get them (I think it was late 2006 for the full size and mid 2007 for the compact).

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LCSO264 View Post
    interesting. I don't know at what point they stopped matching all three, only that the most current US made guns don't have the serial number on the slide (I'm not sure about the barrel). Remember, the early US made guns were really more assembled in the US than "made" in the US, so the parts kits coming from Germany may have come with the serial numbers applied and matching? that is just a shot in the dark.
    Starting in late 2017 when HK moved the HK45/HK45C production to the Columbus, GA plant. So all BH (and later) US-made HK45/HK45Cs have only 1 serial which is on the dust guard on the frame (under the muzzle). To the best of my knowledge, the frame is the only US-made part. The barrel, slide, etc. are still made in Germany, hence the non-matching serial numbers on these 2 serialized parts.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

and @TooSixy for the win

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I hope this is not a derail...

Is there no comparable "proof house" in the USA, like the Ulm proofing with the Crossed Antlers?

Is this proofing required in Germany, but simply not a requirement for "made in USA" pistols in general?

Of all the "missing" markings on the US Hk's, this is the one I'd like to see.

Although, I personally own one used DE HK45 and a sparkling new US HK45.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links