Making a flat face trigger for my usp ct 40
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gumby510

Thread: Making a flat face trigger for my usp ct 40

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Making a flat face trigger for my usp ct 40

Hello everyone,

I think im going to make/mill out at flat face trigger for my usp ct 40 that ive been tinkering with.

If your were building a trigger would you rather have it be made from heat treated bar stock steel or aluminum.

Looking at the factory trigger, it appears to be steel.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In its suppressed set up. I shoot flat triggers very well. I shoot the uspc just fine (more accurate than me) All my other firearms have them and im looking to get a little more consistenty across the board.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Making a flat face trigger for my usp ct 40-20180109_213144_1549897615997.jpg  

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

What is the material you have back serrations? Is it for a better grip?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3m rubberized tape, yes for more positive grip. Ill probably end up just milling them a little deeper.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like flat triggers and have them when I can. On my USPs I run a Hogue grip sleeve makes the grip big enough to move the pad of my finger on to the trigger rather than the joint of my finger. I have made triggers from aluminum, magnsium, and carbon fiber so it all depends on what work the trigger actually does. If I remember correctly the trigger on the USP is pinned to a transfer bar so all the materials will work the question is for how long?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
    I like flat triggers and have them when I can. On my USPs I run a Hogue grip sleeve makes the grip big enough to move the pad of my finger on to the trigger rather than the joint of my finger. I have made triggers from aluminum, magnsium, and carbon fiber so it all depends on what work the trigger actually does. If I remember correctly the trigger on the USP is pinned to a transfer bar so all the materials will work the question is for how long?
    Thank you, looking at the trigger on hkparts I believe that you are correct. So I think for my first couple attempts ill make them out of 7075 t6 aluminum to make it a little easier on the mill and "lighter".

My uspct 40 with a flat trigger and a elephant foot mag extension is my idea of the almost perfect handgun (10mm would make it perfect).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is my 1911/2011 10mm commander I built (I hand fit every single part). I go back and forth between this and my uspc as my favorite pistol. Im still doing some magizine testing and tuning on the 2011 (only downside to the platform), thus the reason it isnt cerakoted yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Making a flat face trigger for my usp ct 40-20190118_150655-1_1549979744210.jpg  
    RustyIron likes this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I've played around with this idea as well.. also made a few prototypes. The catch is making something that functions well in single action and double action environments.

I've found that the comfortable position for a flat trigger works great if you only consider single action mode. ( In my design case for P30 as an example) That same optimal position in double action mode puts the trigger stupidly forward.

Designing the flat face with ergonomic balence for both double action and single is the rub. I'm not sure that creating an acceptable balence for both gives an ideal situaton for either single or double action vs the standard shape. I havnt got there at least.. but going to open it up again soon for some further studies.
    D. Villalobos

Sponsored Links