Looking for Carry HK pistol - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Looking for Carry HK pistol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rickys2 View Post
    mudd,

Is there any different in size or weight from them to?

Rick
    Not a huge difference, however the P30SK conceals better for me. If you use the flat base plate on the USP it's close. A good holster and belt really make all the difference. I carry the P30SK with a 13 round mag and it conceals very well. USP had a tendency to print on me even with the flat base plate for the mag, however I'm 5'7" and don't have a large frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mudd View Post
    ...If you use the flat base plate on the USP it's close. A good holster and belt really make all the difference...
    Good advise on both counts. Flat base plates do help to conceal better, I even use them on my P2sk... And yes, a good quality belt/holster makes all the difference in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I got the USP Compact 45 in a week. Lets see if it retires the Kimber Ultra Carry II.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why do you like P2000sk better?
    the P30sk grips are just a little thicker than P2000sk. the P2000sk is a little smaller than the USP compact. it comes down to size and weight. i own all of them so it is personal experience, but there is no wrong answer [well.......there's glock [flame away, glockenspiels]].

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieBoy View Post
    Good advise on both counts. ... And yes, a good quality belt/holster makes all the difference in the world.
    Chiming in 3rd on that! Completely agree.

Well I got the USP Compact 45 in a week. Lets see if it retires the Kimber Ultra Carry II.
    Ahhh, so ok, you already have a carry gun. My apologies Ricky. From the way that I read your OP, I was thinking that this was going to be for your first EDC.
    Nice, congratulations on the purchase!
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The P2000 is the best handgun I have ever carried. To me, it is the perfect size, glock 19 size. I have the D/A S/A version and it works perfect for me. I carry it in a Privateer leather pancake holster with zero cant. These are also, some of the best holsters I have ever tried. The guy who makes the holsters is great to deal with.
    gumby and 410Guy like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the 45acp over 9mm and 40cal. I personal think the 40cal is done, being a very young round (1990) and being a down size 10mm. People just don't like the snap recoil it has. The 9mm as gone a long way and a lot of money when into redesigning it. So much that the FBI when back to the 9mm. My problem with the 9mm is over penetration. I don't have problem with the 45acp. IMO

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

P2000 in 9mm LEM1. Imho. Perfect. Little lighter than USPC and little smaller, but 3 finger grip in rail is good to go.

Anyone who legally can, should carry a firearm and train to use it.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Rickys2,

Good purchase. I found it interesting at no time did ANYONE discuss the price.

While (for now) the .40 cal is out of favor, the USP (as a series) was DESIGNED FOR THE .40 cal and it is one prolific round.

You have any idea why it 'fell out of favor'?

Actually the only reason was that after selling the USP line in .40 cal for basically 20 years, the only way for HK to sell more psitols was to offer them in 9mm and 45acp. The 9mm round was basically an unacceptable choice until it started approaching the BC of the .40 cal. THEN they sold the snot out of the 9mm with the 'not as much recoil with ALMOST the same BC'. Kinda the same type of advice all gun manufacturers used when they wanted to get LE departments who were basically using either a .357mag revolver OR the .45acp (1911 mainly)and replace it with the then 'new' 40 cal. LESS RECOIL with similar BC. That was after the manufacturers 'dabbled' with the 10mm, basically finding that MOST LEO shooters did very poorly with the 10mm round. The reasons were numerous. So they downloaded the 10mm and viola, you have the 40 cal.

Having said ALL THAT. If you want an inexpensive USPC - consider an LEO trade in for your next pistol. The only choice for that type of purchase will ONLY BE IN 40.

Here is the USP 40 in full size - for $365 - only comes with one mag.
    HK USP V1

Here is the USP 40 in Compact- for $385 - only comes with one mag
    USP Compact

WHY do I recommend LEO trade ins? Because while it was carried A LOT it was shot rarely and MOST are in fair shape. I have several of both full size and compact LEO trade in's and yes I have purchased from the above vendor.

I like the fact that I can get excellent examples of HK firearms at a steal of a price. This will repeat itself in the next 15/20 years when all of these LEO departments are 'sold' a better, new pistol with a BC that will equal what the current 'all the rave' 9mm round is. And we will see why it was such a terrible choice when the next 'caliber of choice' is being sold.

It's not like the .40 cal is a bad round. IT'S NOT. Neither are the 45acp OR the current version of the 9mm. They will ALL KILL what you are shooting at IF you do your part. So don't listen to all the hype of how this round or that round is so much 'better' than the current choice dejour - because it's actually just 'sales hype' to sell everyone on the 'newest, latest greatest... blah, blah, blah'.

Care to guess which CALIBER has killed the most people through out history? Most people have a hard time believing it, because it's the LOWLY .22 caliber round. Realize it's been around a LONG, LONG TIME. And more people than you would think have died being shot with a .22 - this is slowly changing. But once you think about it, what is the 'choice' of so many assassins? Yep, the lowly 22 - think on the reasons...

You've purchased an excellent HK pistol - so now go out and shoot it - EVERY CHANCE YOU GET. Training is your most important thing to do. Get used to YOUR pistol - you won't be disappointed.
    Last edited by wallew; 02-16-2019 at 11:33 PM.
    JohnnieBoy, FredBart and archery68 like this.
    A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you wallew.

did you know the 22lr as also killed the most deer, second to the 30/30
    dguillory likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links