is the Polymer covered hammer on the USP designed for less noise during decocking?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Crashmc
  • 1 Post By Kost

Thread: is the Polymer covered hammer on the USP designed for less noise during decocking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default is the Polymer covered hammer on the USP designed for less noise during decocking?

I saw a factory demo from HK and they said the USP had a silent hammer drop, is that the purpose of the plastic covered hammer to make less sound when decocking the hammer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't say the hammer drop on the USP is silent by any means. It is just like the P30 decocker in that once it is engaged the hammer is slammed forward safely. This is in contrast to the Mark 23 as well as the Sig Sauer decocker which give you control over how the hammer is dropped utilizing a lever. While this still wouldn't be considered silent it is definitely quieter than the USP decocker. As far as why the hammer is rubber coated on the USP, I think it was an extra layer of safety in case the pistol is dropped. The hammer is also much grippier with rubber coating as well.
    USP Tactical 45 AG
    Mark 23 BG
    Benelli M4
    Arsenal SAM7UF

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega hkpro View Post
    I saw a factory demo from HK and they said the USP had a silent hammer drop, is that the purpose of the plastic covered hammer to make less sound when decocking the hammer?
    When you Decock the USP , you are releasing the sear which allows the hammer to fall on the catch . This does make noise , and some folks have to get used to it
    DarkeWolf likes this.
    Certified NRA RSO

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega hkpro View Post
    The rubber covered hammer was implemented to pass drop tests required by some contracts.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    omega hkpro likes this.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Sponsored Links