How do you fight theP7istooexpensiveandwillneverbeproducedagain depression? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: How do you fight theP7istooexpensiveandwillneverbeproducedagain depression?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brobus View Post
    The answer to the question is very simple... Build your own replacement parts, that's what I did! Ok, so I was at a gun show about 4 years ago and saw a beautiful P7K3 (.380). I knew it had a bad hydraulic buffer, But i didn't care because it looked so cool. I ended up buying it and immediately contacted Scott Wilson for a replacement buffer. He responded back by saying he did not have any and did not know when he would have more. A few months later I got tired of waiting and made my own. I immediately fell in love with the P7K3 and know have quite a collection of them. P7M13 grips are currently very hard to find and now there is someone making them in different colors. There is also someone making cardboard boxes for P7 series pistols. AAC made a few threaded barrels for the US Navy. Making springs should be simple process. Time to start making your own parts!
    Sounds like the beginnings of a desirable, boutique manufacturer.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hkp30sk View Post
    Speaking of sweet scores I just picked up a P7M8 and P7M13 both like new. I got lucky. It can happen.
    Congratulations on an excellent pair!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shuck View Post
    I deal with it by attempting to spend the same amount of money on building a collection of other HK handguns. I really like HK's less prolific handguns so maybe I'll pick up a P7, someday.

Nice collection of sidearms--- I like the classics on the right!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I look at Hpk30sk's beautiful pistols in the photos above, I am glad that some collectors keep them in perfect, unfired condition. Their value, age and lack of new spare parts may make them unsuitable for daily carry for many, but these pistols are works of engineering art that may never be duplicated in the firearms market of the future. Most people should probably learn to utilize a modern poly-framed compact. Thanks for sharing these photos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gents I sold all my P7 years ago and have been dormant on this site......however my local gunsmith has a mint P7 PSP non police trade in with 5 mags. It’s now mine. I don’t really mind the heel mag release. On the look out for a M8. He also has a mint M13 for sale too...hmmm. Next thing you know I’ll have a stable of them again. One thing I notice are the prices., F- me, lol.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links