How do you fight theP7istooexpensiveandwillneverbeproducedagain depression?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: How do you fight theP7istooexpensiveandwillneverbeproducedagain depression?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default How do you fight theP7istooexpensiveandwillneverbeproducedagain depression?

Obviously it's established that the P7 will probably never be in production again. Also leave it up to HK to build something perfect and then, out of some horribly misguided marketing ploy, make it so expensive as to be unattainable. So now prices are absolutely insane.

I love carrying the P7 I'm lucky enough to own. It's also what I shoot best and quickest. If I'm ever in a situation where I need a gun, I would want my P7 over anything else. But because replacing it is out of the question, I don't carry it often out of a fear that it will be "misplaced" in some evidence locker should I ever have to use it. I worry about overshooting it in case my presumed lifelong companion should get worn out in an age where replacement parts are no longer available.

It's simply too much to bear, how does one overcome this melancholy?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The old saying...Buy once, cry once.

But for HK’s it’s buy a few and then come here for support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why would the pistol be in an evidence locker?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    Why would the pistol be in an evidence locker?
    If you shoot someone in self defense, your gun will be confiscated for forensic testing and evidence, and returned to you afterward in the same condition...maybe.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrabhorring View Post
    If you shoot someone in self defense, your gun will be confiscated for forensic testing and evidence, and returned to you afterward in the same condition...maybe.
    Been there done that and it took FOREVER to get back. Wasnt sure if I would and stopped caring. Sold it afterwards... still have the evidence bag.
    Spent most of my tax return on Hk parts, booze and ammo....the rest I just wasted

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

It's simply too much to bear, how does one overcome this melancholy?
    You've already answered, and then disqualified the answer to your own question. Buy another one.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

The old saying "One is none , Two is one"

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It's also what I shoot best and quickest. If I'm ever in a situation where I need a gun, I would want my P7 over anything else. But because replacing it is out of the question, I don't carry it often out of a fear that it will be "misplaced" in some evidence locker should I ever have to use it.
    If it's my best bet and makes me come home to my family (meaning I won the fight), the evidence locker be damned.
    Besides, how much are lawyer fees.
    KoB likes this.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I had to sell my P7 because the firing pin bushing broke on it a second time, and I couldn't justify hanging on to a discontinued platform with no parts support when the resale value is so high. I figured I'd just be degrading it farther and farther and the benefits weren't enough to outweigh that.

I hope they update the design to a modern striker-fired system to compete with the resurgence of single/<2 stack carry pistols, but this being HK I figure that's more of a pipe dream than anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

out of curiosity would there be any legal barriers to a company producing a p7 clone somewhat like how the 1911 design is used by many manufacturers?

does anyone know the retail price of a p7 when they last sold? (2005 right?)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links