USP LEM kit extra spring, what is it for?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: USP LEM kit extra spring, what is it for?

  1. #1
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    SEAINC's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2011
    Location : SoCal
    Posts : 1,397
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default USP LEM kit extra spring, what is it for?

    I bought a USP LEM kit few years ago, it came with this extra spring with no P/N on it. Do anyone know what it's for? Thanks


  2. #2
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 331
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    for full auto
    TooSixy and fatmat27 like this.

  3. #3
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    TooSixy's Avatar
    Join Date : Sep 2011
    Posts : 18,406
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

    Default

    Light FPBS
    sos24 and SEAINC like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    SEAINC's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2011
    Location : SoCal
    Posts : 1,397
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    Light FPBS
    Thanks @TooSixy . Did the conversion last night following your excellent instructions.

    Should I replace original FPBS this spring?

  6. #5
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    TooSixy's Avatar
    Join Date : Sep 2011
    Posts : 18,406
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEAINC View Post
    Thanks @TooSixy . Did the conversion last night following your excellent instructions.

    Should I replace original FPBS this spring?
    It depends on what variant you are converting from and what LEM variant you want to have. If going from a DA/SA to a Light LEM, then skip that FPBS.

  7. #6
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2019
    Posts : 8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default USP LEM kit extra spring, what is it for?

    Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    It depends on what variant you are converting from and what LEM variant you want to have. If going from a DA/SA to a Light LEM, then skip that FPBS.
    Yes, when you want the light trigger variant. Also, the light trigger spring.
    Last edited by davidrol; 02-27-2019 at 03:26 AM.

  8. #7
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    TooSixy's Avatar
    Join Date : Sep 2011
    Posts : 18,406
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidrol View Post
    Yes, when you want the light trigger variant. Also, the light trigger spring.
    That is wrong.

  9. #8
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2019
    Posts : 8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    That is wrong.
    Correction. Its called the light trigger return spring.

    “Please note: That any pre-2005 production USP Variants will also need the new style catch part number 219442.
    USP LEM & HK45 trigger pull weights quick guide:
    Use the trigger return spring that may be in any newer production HK pistol or HK part # 209266 (black colored, thinner trigger return spring) for light LEM trigger pull, approximately 4-5 lbs.”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    TooSixy's Avatar
    Join Date : Sep 2011
    Posts : 18,406
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidrol View Post
    Correction. Its called the light trigger return spring.

    “Please note: That any pre-2005 production USP Variants will also need the new style catch part number 219442.
    USP LEM & HK45 trigger pull weights quick guide:
    Use the trigger return spring that may be in any newer production HK pistol or HK part # 209266 (black colored, thinner trigger return spring) for light LEM trigger pull, approximately 4-5 lbs.”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trigger Rebound Spring.

    You don't always need the Light TRS if you are converting from a V1 to a LEM. Keep the stock V1 springs. The only time that you'll need the Light TRS (and Light FPBS) is when you are converting from a Heavy LEM --> Light LEM. And you cannot always use the Light FPBS unless yours is a 2005 or later production because the Light FPBS (as pictured in the original post) requires the new-style FP/FPB.

  11. #10
    bp1
    bp1 is offline
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    bp1's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2018
    Location : USA
    Posts : 282
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Default

    This may be irrelevant, but with THE USP LEM kit which I bought, the "extra" spring(s) were one v2 Heavy TRS and a HK45C hammer spring.

    Actually, both hammer springs were unused, as the uspc 45 which I converted has a original uspc ("match") HS, so I removed the Heavy HS and re-installed the original HS.

    I had three extra springs. The kit from (yes, HKParts) did not have any FPBS in it. I bought a separate Light FPBS.

    I hope I have not confused anyone, including myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •