HK Appreciation - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: HK Appreciation

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unless you bought several and never shot them these things are just staying flat. When I bought my first HK in 1986 it was $459 for a P7M8–$499 for a P7M13. Investments in firearms require significant insight into the industry. All the stuff being produced today is being built in large numbers. All of my other HKs are just run of the mill—USPc, P30, VP9, and P2000SK. I suppose my best “investment” of late was the HK MR556A1 Competition rifle. You can’t even get them in Calif any longer and they continue to climb. Just don’t follow everyone else.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As noted, P7s of any sort are climbing in price. Just about everything else is stuck in a very flat market. Gun control measures in Congress could turn that scenario around, though....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a local gun shop has a used HK USP45 EXPERT on consignment priced at $1,500

they sell the same gun brand new for $899 at another shop

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sean415 View Post
    Lol. How about perforated tape on the slide? If it gets racked it rips.

If your dreams come true and you use this idea. Just send a mere 3% monthly my way. Chip away at the student loans.
    That's actually not a bad idea. I like that. As soon as I get struck by lightning thrice, then hit the lottery, I'll pm you for your info so we can make the arrangements. Oh, and I'd pay off your loans and include one of the first 100 production run ;)
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

True, you wonder why guns are not sealed (especially when they’re receiving your custom 1911).
    But by their nature (restricted/controlled items), a seal would have to be broken at some point. Some may deny touching your gun but per my LGS/FFL, they would have to... FedEx transfers possession/liability to FFL (why else would they require signature) > FFL opens package and confirms box/gun SN’s. And since guns are always loaded, they would (responsibly) have to rack the slide. Otherwise, why not just present/transfer the unopened shipping box to the buyer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Guzz- some very good points. Yeah, the serial number confirmation is what popped into my mind too, after I wrote that. I was thinking about when the NIC check is done, upon receipt of payment. But yeah, you've definitely made good additional points. I wonder, if it would be legal to put a see through panel in the lid of the box, so that the numbers could be verified without opening? But, if it is, why hasn't it been done before now?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Im too busy stacking cases of ammo and reloading supplies, to worry about the cost of firearms. Im buying spare parts for firearms while they are plentiful and easy to get.

Hopefully people are getting what they need these days. Ammo is inexpensive and plentiful. I have even stacked a couple of cases on 22Mag for the HK 300. I didnt shoot it for several years, because pills to feed it, were impossible to find.
    Ugazag likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I dunno - bought things Bill and co. said were 'evil' many years ago. They have all appreciated significantly...
    Rollerlocks....

*Locked out of my original AKR account...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Off roster HKs are certainly an investment if able to legally get them into Cali! Well that said all off roster pistols seem to sell for close to double their standard price.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drewer View Post
    Off roster HKs are certainly an investment if able to legally get them into Cali! Well that said all off roster pistols seem to sell for close to double their standard price.
    Not by choice of the buyer. I've talked to a couple of CA residence who really feel like their wallets get r**ed by that roster list.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links