P9S Sport pistol

Thread: P9S Sport pistol

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default P9S Sport pistol

I have a question regarding the P9s sport group pistol. I have a p9s combat and target, love to shoot them. Has anyone compared their accuracy with that of a 1911? Reason being: I have an opportunity to purchase an Ed Brown 1911. I know this sounds like heresy, and for me it is as I only allow HK pistols in my safe ( with exception of two .22lr pistols). I was just wondering how accurate a 9mm P9s would be with the match weight and 5 inch barrel compared to a 1911. May be like comparing an apple to an orange, but I would like to see how many members on this site have actually fired both and their thoughts.

JCC
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sub'd and curious.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    HK P9S 9mm
    HK USP9C
    HK P30 SK V3 TRU DOT
    HK VP9 SK TRU DOT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In my experience, most handguns are capable of grouping under an inch at 25yds. I’ve shot hundreds of 1911s, HKs, Berettas, Sigs, Glocks, CZs... nearly all of them are able to produce good groups. The difference maker is typically the sights and the trigger but those really come down to the shooter.

Ed Brown builds good guns, I’m sure one of his 1911s will shoot as good if not better than a P9.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

p9s target with extended barrel w/ weight, but its not sport group. For me at least I find it's as or more accurate than my Sig P210-5. That said I have shot p9s alot more than the 210.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sort of an unfair comparison. The technology and metallurgy used now compared to the late sixties/ early 70s is much different. For it's time there was not much competition for that level of innovation and quality.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I still shoot my P9's more accurately than any other pistol.
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
    You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good.
    Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
    Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

"If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat" Ronald Reagan

JCC
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Rolling block tends to keep accurate.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks for all your responses. Once you fire a p9s, like any other HK firearm, you are hooked. If funds were unlimited, I would say I need to buy them both, but can not at this time. I may have to buy a the p9s sport group and call it good and forget about the Brown for time being. You can always order an Ed Brown, but the P9Ss are getting harder to find. I have to admit, I do not have a lot of experience with 1911s. Fired a Kimber before and it was ok, but in that range session, I also was using my Mark 23.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I sound kind of like a women trying to figure out what shoes to wear or what purse to take!! Tough decision, sometimes easiest to buy both!!

Sponsored Links