Now Reluctant to Consider a P30SK LEM - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Now Reluctant to Consider a P30SK LEM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I understand the OP's reservations but I will say that my P99 and LEM H&Ks have what I consider to be the 2 best carry triggers in existence followed closely in the #3 position by my Sig P229 DAK. They really are the perfect compromise between a light striker trigger and a DA/SA hammer trigger. The biggest thing is with these three trigger systems, despite their little differences with one another, is that practice is paramount. Now that I have become proficient with them, I prefer them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunrascal View Post
    The P99AS is one of my carry guns, but never in AS mode; 'had a PPQ, but never carried it--traded it for a sig P229 that I'm practicing with. However, I would still like another CCW. The P30SK V3 I tried was not nearly as smooth as the Sig P229.
    The regular Sig trigger or the SRT?

George from Alaska

Mark 23 90's era, no lockout
    P30 L v3
    registered MP5 SEF select fire

52 NFA items and counting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I will say, I have a vp9sk with an ultra match spring kit in it.....love it
    I also have a walther CCP with polished and modified trigger and sear components......love it
    I am in the 7 day waiting period for my p30sk v1 lem, but from what i have handled of this gun, I beleive that I will love it too, maybe a little differently, but just as much as all of my children.😉😉
    JeepJack and DarkeWolf like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm beginning to see that.
    Read that Bruce Gray article. He recommends dry firing with your eyes closed. It sounds kind of crazy, but that really helped me focus on the trigger pull and improved my shooting (with my eyes open, of course) pretty noticeably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PorterM View Post
    I understand the OP's reservations but I will say that my P99 and LEM H&Ks have what I consider to be the 2 best carry triggers in existence followed closely in the #3 position by my Sig P229 DAK. They really are the perfect compromise between a light striker trigger and a DA/SA hammer trigger. The biggest thing is with these three trigger systems, despite their little differences with one another, is that practice is paramount. Now that I have become proficient with them, I prefer them.
    Do you carry your P99 in AS mode?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I went to the range today and brought my V1. My friend bought his V3. I shot the V1 better, especially on the first shot. Once you get used to a LEM, it's a good trigger.
    drshame likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Do you carry your P99 in AS mode?
    I didn't carry mine very often, mostly just cuz my Vp9sk is the edc. The p99c was in the rotation, just not a whole lot. Mostly more just to keep acquainted with it. I tried carrying it all three modes. Decocked, usually or after the trigger staged. I didn't like the AS mode, just because that first click in the trigger is RIGHT THERE where my finger is trained to find the wall on my VP9's. Personal Training and preference issue there. Not any kind of sense of more chance of AD.
    Now granted mine was also a compact. One of the other reasons why it wasn't part of my major rotation was that the gripframe was really small for me, I didn't feel as confident in my draw, as I did with the chunkier sk grip frame.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PorterM View Post
    Is(was) your P99 somewhat gritty in DA? Do you ever carry in AS mode?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My brother has this and accordingly, “The PPQ is the replacement to a problem that didn’t exist”. I agree and if I did pick up a striker, it would be the P99-AS/FS.
    The P99 default carry mode is just that, Anti-Stress DA. Similarly, you carry an HK in SA with S-On (which I don’t even do with my USP9c, I carry it DA/S-Off).

Folks labor over the HK DA/LEM pull design. HK knows this, the first shot is the ‘stress’ shot. Practice/enroll in a timed combat/SD drill... What heavy DA pull? What long LEM pull?
    Or heck, what is the problem flipping the S off on a 1911?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    My brother has this and accordingly, “The PPQ is the replacement to a problem that didn’t exist”. I agree and if I did pick up a striker, it would be the P99-AS/FS.
    The P99 default carry mode is just that, Anti-Stress DA. Similarly, you carry an HK in SA with S-On (which I don’t even do with my USP9c, I carry it DA/S-Off).

Folks labor over the HK DA/LEM pull design. HK knows this, the first shot is the ‘stress’ shot. Practice/enroll in a timed combat/SD drill... What heavy DA pull? What long LEM pull?
    Or heck, what is the problem flipping the S off on a 1911?
    Wow, that may be his opinion but certainly does not reflect how the PPQ is outselling the P99 AS buy a very massive amount. Not everyone is fond of the heavy and long first decocked DA trigger pull on the P99 AS which is how Walther recommends using the P99AS and there is a warning in the owner manual to be sure to decock the P99 AS before holstering.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links