Now Reluctant to Consider a P30SK LEM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Now Reluctant to Consider a P30SK LEM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Now Reluctant to Consider a P30SK LEM

finally had a chance at the LEM; to me, it felt very much like my walther P99 in AS mode or a PPQ with a longer take up. I know to most, this is probably not the case, but I am not comfortable carrying a firearm with this type trigger. If I go with a V3, are wolf springs available to lighten the DA pull? It sure seems over sprung.
    Last edited by gunrascal; 03-04-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)

So have you narrowed your choice down to a P30SK or are you still debating a P30SK vs a P2000SK? Because if you still are, I think it's redundant to start another thread besides the one you already have, unless you're attempting to run up the post count.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...ease-help.html
    WolfieRules and Pag23 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    So have you narrowed your choice down to a P30SK or are you still debating a P30SK vs a P2000SK? Because if you still are, I think it's redundant to start another thread besides the one you already have, unless you're attempting to run up the post count.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...ease-help.html
    I'm looking to decide on a gun; I don't care a lick about post count! don't want a P2000sk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunrascal View Post
    finally had a chance at the LEM; to me, it felt very much like my walther P99 in AS mode or a PPQ with a longer take up. I know to most, this is probably not the case, but I am not comfortable carrying a firearm with this type trigger. If I go with a V3, are wolf springs available to lighten the DA pull? It sure seems over sprung.
    Heyas Rascal- yeah, I kinda thought that was what you were gonna end up equating it too. Thanks for posting that tho, it's good to have a better idea of it that I can transfer the idea in my head to actual experience.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunrascal View Post
    I am not sure what AS mode is, as I have no Walther.

I disagree that the LEM is unsuitable for carry. There are two weights to LEM. v1 LEM (Light), V2 LEM (Heavy).
    Getting a v3 DA/SA and lightening the trigger immediately does not strike me as a more comfortable choice for carry, in my opinion.
    P30sk in v4.1 LEM has a slightly shorter take up than v1, but uses the medium trigger rebound spring.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

AS is Anti Stress.
    It’s actually a good comparison, the P99-AS is the striker version of the LEM (and the DA version of the PPQ).
    a.) If you have the P99-AS and don’t like it, you’re quite accurate you won’t like the LEM.
    b.) The P2000SK is just another version of the P30SK.
    c.) LGS dry fire all you want is one thing, live fire is another.

LEM vs. DA/SA, LEM is actually more SD oriented, you can take it from LGS to CCW. DA/SA you need to train. It is what it is, no tool is perfect for all – why you tell the wife you need several.
    I don’t do mods for CCW/SD, that’s circumventing (hacking) what HK already spent time/money on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bought a 30SKs/DA-SA/Ambi Safety/DeCocker: Execellent safety features, SA was OK but the DA was long and heavy. Don't wanna carry cocked and locked.

Later got a 30SK LEM v.1 Lite: Perfect for me and the trigger weight/travel seems very good for my needs. I highy recommend it, FWIW.

"Tuning" the 30SKs is not a cheap proposition and most decent 'smiths here have a long backlog. The Lite LEM is worth checking out, right outta the box.
    Last edited by drshame; 03-12-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzz View Post
    AS is Anti Stress.
    It’s actually a good comparison, the P99-AS is the striker version of the LEM (and the DA version of the PPQ).
    a.) If you have the P99-AS and don’t like it, you’re quite accurate you won’t like the LEM.
    b.) The P2000SK is just another version of the P30SK.
    c.) LGS dry fire all you want is one thing, live fire is another.

LEM vs. DA/SA, LEM is actually more SD oriented, you can take it from LGS to CCW. DA/SA you need to train. It is what it is, no tool is perfect for all – why you tell the wife you need several.
    I don’t do mods for CCW/SD, that’s circumventing (hacking) what HK already spent time/money on.
    very nice reply.

bp1
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yeah, I was going to add that possibly the P30skS DA/SA with decocker and safety, if you are sure that LEM is not for you.
    Still, I'd stick with HK springs, in whatever combination fits your needs best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I may have missed the original thread, but are you specifically looking for a double action or hammer fire? I feel as though every DA is going to have that long take-up as compared to striker fire options.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links