Grit in return to reset...after match spring installation
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Grit in return to reset...after match spring installation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Grit in return to reset...after match spring installation

After self installation of the match spring set I’ve notice a lot of grit during the reset any help would be much appreciated...first post to the forum let me know if it’s right...almost forgot...only I staled the trigger return spring not hole package cause I don’t have the punches to drive out pins...PLEASE HELP
    Last edited by Jeremydavis; 03-06-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What firearm are you refering to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vp9 purchased about a week ago

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe there is a match trigger setup available for the VP series from HK. Exactly which springs (part numbers) did you install? From what it sounds like I’d just put the original ones back in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I can almost guarantee that the problem is due to the match spring being weaker than the factory spring. Heavier springs tend to make reset much more crisp, at the expense of a heavier trigger pull. The lighter spring causes a slower reset, allowing you to feel much more of the friction between the metal. The only fixes for this would be to put the original spring back in, or to polish the necessary parts (warning: this may void the warranty, so check with HK before doing this).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I installed part #8 the elbow spring for trigger...the package comes with the elbow spring and #23 the pressure spring I ordered directly from HK...I did not install the pressure spring just the trigger elbow spring and during reset I feel a really bad grit and it’s also very audible...just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am in the process of returning the original spring to the trigger...I’ll let you know if it does the trick

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You have to make sure that the long end of the spring points forward toward the muzzle and that the short end is BEHIND the trigger. I installed the ultra match spring kit on my vp9sk, and this is all i can say without seeing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok so the friction was coming from the sear realease catch and the landing on the trigger bar during reset...I reinstalled the original trigger spring and the grit was noticeably less and not nearly as loud I guess the slight difference in pressure cause the seat catch to drag harder somehow I will be trying the new pressure spring soon and post the results...I very much appreciate the input guys...thank you

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheignsaw View Post
    I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe there is a match trigger setup available for the VP series from HK. Exactly which springs (part numbers) did you install? From what it sounds like I’d just put the original ones back in.
    It's an aftermarket kit from HKParts. Not an HK factory authorized or factory kit.
    Cheignsaw likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links