Has anyone tried the VP9-B with the push-button release for the magazine? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Has anyone tried the VP9-B with the push-button release for the magazine?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    Walther did for a bit on the PPQ. I’m not sure if any are still sold in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, there's Walthers that still use them. Tho I personally dunno if I want to keep staying that they're a company that makes them with Paddles. As most of their current production lineup have switched over to button.
    The Walther p99 has no changes in mind for switching over to the button system, but it's kinda up in the air right now, as to whether the p99 will remain in Walther's production line or not. There's both sides of the fence that say that Walther is or isn't going to discontinue them.
    There's several p99 offshoots that had been produced by S&W and Magnum Research, that used the paddles, but the grip frames for them weren't made by them, they were made by Walther.

Quote Originally Posted by FredBart View Post
    Thanks for your all your input. It requires retraining, but I will keep trying. Either is much better than the old Euro-style release button near the bottom of the magazine.
    OMG! Yes!! I've got an old mauser model, that my uncle brought back with him from WW2, that has that type of system, and it's just clunky and inefficient as anything you'd ever put your hands on!
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I don't have a vp9B but I can tell you as a lefty all my non Hk pistols have button releases and I have never changed the mag release to the right side of the gun. I have many, many times shot a match on Thursday with a button mag gun then shot a Sunday match with an Hk and vice versa. I have shot with SIG's for several months then gone right to Hk and vice versa and I have never tried to hit a button with a paddle gun or push a paddle on a button gun. Maybe because I am left handed and always use my trigger finger, or maybe I just remember what gun I am running, I don't know but for me it's never been an issue, and honestly, I am surprised by that. Being left handed I prefer the paddle, but mostly because I prefer Hk's. I think the button is a great thing for the vp9 and hopefully brings more shooters to Hk.
    bp1 and DarkeWolf like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's the pics you requested. Off to the range!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    Walther did for a bit on the PPQ. I’m not sure if any are still sold in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doing a search for Walther PPQ M1 for sale in your preferred web search engine turns up some pretty good hits, and of course there's bud's and Gunbroker.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    Walthers, I have a PPQ with paddles...they're longer than HK, but just (almost) as nice
    My p99c had the 2nd gen paddles. They are definitely longer. Not nearly as wide tho too. Just the width of them makes them "feel" like they're not as sturdy, but I've rarely seen any of them bend or break, unintentionally.

Yeah, I tend to use the bird finger for the paddle too. Mostly so that I'm still pointing the pistol with my trigger finger. And I've taken to switching the button over to the right side, as well, when it's a button. My birdy finger can hit it almost as intuitively.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suzukigs750ez View Post
    Here's the pics you requested. Off to the range!
    This ^^^^Exactly. If you put a watch to it in competition it is slightly faster and your pistol is still pointing at the target. On sub compact models of other brands I put the mag release button on the right side and use the same technique.
    WolfieRules likes this.

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I've played with that, I think @Montrala has mentioned it years ago. What that technique does to my third, fourth and fifth digit's position, retracting and spreading them apart, I consider it a worse grip breakdown than whatever happens when I need to rotate a gun for a push button activation.
    “When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
    "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
    "I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
    Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.”

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

@YVK you need to loosen your grip a bit, to use middle finger on mag release (I use it both on paddle and push button releases), that is true. But far from loosing control over your pistol and to get back shooting grip you just need to tighten your fingers again, not rotate pistol back into correct grip.
    Kost likes this.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Try using left thumb to swipe down. I started that way.

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I saw a 16 year old girl, a youngest USPSA GM, nail a 1.2 second reload, dropping a mag with a support hand thumb, just this weekend.

I myself am pretty happy with a strong side thumb for push button and atrigger finger for paddle, and I find that paddle vs button makes no impact on my reload speed whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This would be a good option for someone that has the issue of the tip of the paddle hitting your trigger finger during firing. Someone like myself.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links