Has anyone tried the VP9-B with the push-button release for the magazine?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Has anyone tried the VP9-B with the push-button release for the magazine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Has anyone tried the VP9-B with the push-button release for the magazine?

I am curious if any forum member has tried the VP series with the new button type magazine release. I know that many members love the paddle type relate, but for those of us that have other brands of firearms it requires re-training to use the paddle release quickly. I wonder if anyone here has tried firing the paddle release. If so, can you give your opinion? Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Actually I ordered my VP9-B when that style first became available. I figured that since I was more accustomed to the button type release, I would just go with it. A few hours later the same day that I placed my order I changed my mind and switched to the paddle style. I figured that the paddle style was the more traditional HK style and decided to go with it.

As luck had it, the seller had already shipped the VP9-B. They said that they would catch the VP9-B at the FFL and have it returned and ship out the new VP9 paddle style. So when I went to pick up my VP9 at the FFL I had the unique opportunity to not only check out the paddle style, I also got to check out the B style.

I have to admit, the button style feels good. It's positioned exactly where it needs to be and works perfectly. For someone who is more accustomed to that style of magazine release, it would be a great choice. I chose to keep the paddle style. I have to admit that I sometimes go back and forth with my choice, but the paddle design is also great, and since I plan on adding more HK's to my collection (just added a 45C) I thought that it would be more fitting to keep the traditional style of magazine release. The more I use the paddle style release, the more I like it, but in truth both designs work great.

The B style does have the advantage of being more commonly used and requires no retraining, but it's something that you get used to pretty quickly.
    DarkeWolf likes this.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Buttons are for squares.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Paddles rule, buttons are for gamers and kids.
    Rockets likes this.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have no problems with button release. That being said, if paddle is an option, I’m choosing it.
    Rockets likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    1+ Push Button reminds me of the Block LOL
    Rockets and WolfieRules like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Member @GJM has written about his very positive experiences with the VP9-B on another forum. Maybe he will chime in here as well!
    Last edited by javemtr; 03-07-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    LOL I love the irony in that, since some of the very first mass produced home video games systems (pong and atari) both had controllers labeled as "paddles". Thanks for the chuckle Wolfie :)

Quote Originally Posted by rbuzz View Post
    Actually I ordered my VP9-B when that style first became available. I figured that since I was more accustomed to the button type release, I would just go with it. A few hours later the same day that I placed my order I changed my mind and switched to the paddle style. I figured that the paddle style was the more traditional HK style and decided to go with it.

As luck had it, the seller had already shipped the VP9-B. They said that they would catch the VP9-B at the FFL and have it returned and ship out the new VP9 paddle style. So when I went to pick up my VP9 at the FFL I had the unique opportunity to not only check out the paddle style, I also got to check out the B style.

I have to admit, the button style feels good. It's positioned exactly where it needs to be and works perfectly. For someone who is more accustomed to that style of magazine release, it would be a great choice. I chose to keep the paddle style. I have to admit that I sometimes go back and forth with my choice, but the paddle design is also great, and since I plan on adding more HK's to my collection (just added a 45C) I thought that it would be more fitting to keep the traditional style of magazine release. The more I use the paddle style release, the more I like it, but in truth both designs work great.

The B style does have the advantage of being more commonly used and requires no retraining, but it's something that you get used to pretty quickly.
    Thanks for your input there rbuzz. While I myself AM a paddle snob, I really honestly don't want a pistol or weapon really, that doesn't have the paddles, or at the very least... a FULL ambidextrous system. Tho, naturally, I want to expand my knowledge and experience with as much HK as I can. Which also means their button system. Have not had the chance to get my mitts on one, around here. I mean even if it's not my personal preference, and I might advise somebody towards the paddle mag, I'd still like to be able to know whether their button system is any good or not, or needs improvement, or what have ya.
    WolfieRules and rbuzz like this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Pretty simple math, if you’re going to do HK (which won’t be your last) – go paddle.
    Some brands/type you can only get the button, but when given the option go with the paddle. The VP9-B is more the response to the Block/PPQ-M2.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have many of all types. Started with a USP and its paddle that is button sized, moved to 1911, then M&P9 and Sigs, and full circle to H&K P30sk. Now I almost always carry the P30sk, but sometimes a Sig P365 or P320.
    I've never had to train one way or the other. I exclusively use my thumb and its the same pushing motion either way. Down and inward activates paddles or buttons. I do prefer paddles now though. They're classy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links