HKPRO Forums banner

Question about P30 SKS

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  pinoy_bandit 
#1 ·
Wondering if someone could explain the difference between between firing a P30 SKS when cocked and locked v.s. a P30 LEM V1. I am assuming it would not be a good idea to carry the SKS cocked and locked without having the safety ON.

Thanks

#6 ·
Hey,
I own both the P30sks V3 and a P30sk V1 Light LEM.
I started with the V3 with safety, carrying cocked and locked. I did this for awhile, but I just couldn't get myself trained to switch off the safety in a smooth motion on the draw. I eventually went from carrying cocked and locked, to decocked, double action first shot. The Double Action pull is very heavy and follow up Single action shots are much lighter, with far less take up to the wall. This creates an inconsistent trigger feel between the first and follow up shots. Being a perfectionist, I decided to give the LEM a try.
Not long ago I found a nice used P30sk V1 LEM and it is my edc now. The trigger is much lighter compared to the Double Action, but has a comparable take up to the wall where it breaks cleanly. Now I don't have to worry about the heavy pull of a DA first shot, or having to develop muscle memory to switch off a safety if I were to carry Cocked and Locked.
I much prefer the LEM for self defense scenarios because every shot the trigger pull is exactly the same, and because of the long take up you are less likely to have a negligent discharge.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I know exactly what your talking about. I have a USP compact .40 with the LEM. I still do like the P30 SKS, mainly because of its size and feel in my hand. Shot it today for the first time, and the rear sight (night site) kept shifting to the left, causing poi to move left. Will call HK customer service tomorrow, but sure hate to ship a brand new gun back to factory. I am hoping they may just ship me a new rear sight. I have a sight pusher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.