"Batch Flow" of HK Pistols to US Distributors
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: "Batch Flow" of HK Pistols to US Distributors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default "Batch Flow" of HK Pistols to US Distributors

I'm thinking to get a P2000SK and have been looking around at online dealers and local gun stores. It seems that these are pretty much out of stock where ever I have checked. I found one dealer that listed one as in stock for more than $1000, but I see no reason to pay such a premium.

An observation that I have gotten more than once is that HK pistols are manufactured in batches, and it could be weeks or months until another batch of P2000SK pistols arrives in the US. Too, some have suggested that the P2000SK is being phased out and at some point in the near future-- if manufacture has not already ceased permanently-- that it will cease sometime soon.

I'm in Southern California. Does anyone here know when the last batch of P2000SK pistols was imported, or when the next batch might be expected? Has manufacture of these ceased permanently? In particular I am interested in this package deal.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Try our supporting vendors first, if all else fails there is always

LE model

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/798032841

Non LE model

https://www.gunsamerica.com/94387674...1-709303-A.htm
    Last edited by chuckster62; 03-19-2019 at 05:18 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knobby33872 View Post
    Too, some have suggested that the P2000SK is being phased out and at some point in the near future-- if manufacture has not already ceased permanently-- that it will cease sometime soon.
    Please stop spreading rumors.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

JB1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cabelas has it in "Limited Stock" but it doesn't appear to be the LE version.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/HK-S...0.uts?slotId=0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    Please stop spreading rumors.
    No intent to spread rumors. It seems plausible from a certain perspective: it is an old design, I'm unaware of any recent contracts from government organs for these, and they dropped the price. Who knows, that is why I am asking here.
    gsyoung54 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
    Cabelas has it in "Limited Stock" but it doesn't appear to be the LE version.[...]
    Ouch, $799. On top of that my LGS will add $50, plus tax and DROS. I'm not even sure Cabelas would sell to someone in CA.

JB1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here ya go. Bass Pro shop in Rocklin California.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/Heck...compact-Pistol

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

No intent to spread rumors. It seems plausible from a certain perspective: it is an old design, I'm unaware of any recent contracts from government organs for these, and they dropped the price. Who knows, that is why I am asking here.
    They did not drop the price of the P2000/SK series as much as they did for the HK45 and P30 series, but that is not an indication of any plan to discontinue the product line. There is another rumor about the P2000 that has been circulated for a few years now and it is just that: a rumor.
    gsyoung54 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JB1 View Post
    Here ya go. Bass Pro shop in Rocklin California.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/Heck...compact-Pistol
    I’m in SoCal, and it has been a long, long time since I shopped at Bass Pro. We have one near Ontario, but even so, a bit of a drive. Do they facilitate intra-chain transfers between stores? Even if they do, the ten-day waiting period we are required to observe out here means going out there twice, which I can avoid if I stick with something more local.

What is the downside to shopping via Gunbroker?

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    They did not drop the price of the P2000/SK series as much as they did for the HK45 and P30 series, but that is not an indication of any plan to discontinue the product line. There is another rumor about the P2000 that has been circulated for a few years now and it is just that: a rumor.
    I’m glad to read this. It is on-roster in CA until 1/1/2020, what are the chances another batch of P2000SK reaches American dealers before then?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I’m glad to read this. It is on-roster in CA until 1/1/2020, what are the chances another batch of P2000SK reaches American dealers before then?
    No way of telling. HK is starting to send out small shipments of the P30/VP9 series and they go fast when they are listed. If you are holding off until the next batch comes in, and hoping that it is suddenly going to mirror the P30/VP9 series in price, you are going to be left without a chair when the music stops.
    4X4 likes this.
    Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links