VP9 Upgrades - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: VP9 Upgrades

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Weaponx9x View Post
    I notice the p30l is a bit of a pain to find lol, is it that much of a difference between the vp9 and the p30l?
    For starters, one is striker fired and the other has a hammer. Different triggers, different slides, etc..

Someone else with more HK knowledge could chime in, but they're completely different firearms and if you read up on them, you'll find that they're quite different.
    Overconfidence erodes vigilance.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have both models and both serve different purposes for me. P30sk LEM is for my EDC. I just prefer a hammer fired for that.

I like the VP9 trigger a bit better and I currently don't want to do any trigger work on my P30 models.

If you're interested in either, definitely try them out first although I have a hard time finding LEM models to rent. Or be like Agent Smith and know the Inevitable that you'll end up owning both in the end.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Ryan... likes this.
    Pinoy
    VP9
    P30SK
    P30L .40

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinoy_bandit View Post
    I have both models and both serve different purposes for me. P30sk LEM is for my EDC. I just prefer a hammer fired for that.

I like the VP9 trigger a bit better and I currently don't want to do any trigger work on my P30 models.

If you're interested in either, definitely try them out first although I have a hard time finding LEM models to rent. Or be like Agent Smith and know the Inevitable that you'll end up owning both in the end.

That's the truest thing anyone has said yet...it is truly inevitable.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

If you ditch the rail-mounted compensator and get a thread-on compensator you can use your light if you so choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    If you ditch the rail-mounted compensator and get a thread-on compensator you can use your light if you so choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I understand that. I don't care about using the light, and I would much rather have that compensator. I only mentioned it as an example pointing out that the rail on the comp is an odd size, and to see if anyone else has had that issue.
    I also spoke with HK about it, and they believe that I just have a bad one. The rails are supposed to match the rail on the VP9. They want some pictures of the poor fit, and then they will look into the issue further. I'll keep posting updates.

Ryan... likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GSD_HK View Post
    I understand that. I don't care about using the light, and I would much rather have that compensator. I only mentioned it as an example pointing out that the rail on the comp is an odd size, and to see if anyone else has had that issue.
    I also spoke with HK about it, and they believe that I just have a bad one. The rails are supposed to match the rail on the VP9. They want some pictures of the poor fit, and then they will look into the issue further. I'll keep posting updates.

Glad they said rail should fit. I know you dont care about the light but being able to have the option to attach it is big.

I have a threaded comp for my vp9 but am looking into this type of model for my p30l and would like a rail on it for a light.

Checking some pics, I like the look of match weight with a light. That inforce on it would look Hella sweet. Nice Home Def look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glad they said rail should fit. I know you dont care about the light but being able to have the option to attach it is big.

I have a threaded comp for my vp9 but am looking into this type of model for my p30l and would like a rail on it for a light.

Checking some pics, I like the look of match weight with a light. That inforce on it would look Hella sweet. Nice Home Def look.

I completely agree that it would be a nice option. That gun is being upgraded primarily for range use though, so that's why I say it isn't a big deal for me. The light will end up going on a different home defense sidearm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan... View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaponx9x View Post
    I notice the p30l is a bit of a pain to find lol, is it that much of a difference between the vp9 and the p30l?
    For starters, one is striker fired and the other has a hammer. Different triggers, different slides, etc..

Someone else with more HK knowledge could chime in, but they're completely different firearms and if you read up on them, you'll find that they're quite different.

Appreciate the feedback. I recently got into handguns! I own a S&W shield, and I’m thinking an HK might be my next one
    Ryan... likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Cool Hot Ticket

The new Hk Long Slide kit and 20 round mags are the hot ticket for me
    WolfieRules likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Late update here, but the problem was resolved. The light can be attached, but it takes a LOT of extra torque on the hex bolt hold it in place. I still can't get anything else to fit on it very well, but that's not a big deal. I spoke with HK about it, and they assured me that they are all standard picatinny rails, and mine might just be a little off with the machining.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links